Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet charged with improper conduct

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following the match against Hull City on Tuesday.

The charge relates to kicking a water bottle as he was sent to the stands in the 35th minute of the Premier League match, which finished 1-1.

Bruce has been contacted by the FA over a touchline row with Poyet and formally reminded of his responsibilities.

Poyet has until 18:00 GMT on Monday to respond to the charge.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Odd really. Poyet is ostensibly charged solely because of kicking some water bottles and not with anything relating to his subsequent, seemingly inflammatory, behaviour while Bruce has had his wrists slapped for his response.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If my memory serves me correctly didn't Poyet get sent to the stands for kicking water bottles at our opening Amex league game against Doncaster?

Can't remember him getting charged with 'improper conduct' then.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I know Gus is important in Albion history but let's let him go now - he's Sunderland's worry, not ours. If we want to talk about managers who shaped our history, why not Stevie Gritt?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
People are obsessed with hating Poyet. I love him. He got us from a relegation fight in League 1 to the play offs in the championship in just over 3 years. Brighton legend in my eyes.

Football needs characters like Gus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If my memory serves me correctly didn't Poyet get sent to the stands for kicking water bottles at our opening Amex league game against Doncaster?

Can't remember him getting charged with 'improper conduct' then.

He escaped the charge with a warning.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/9188469.print/

Edit to add that he got angry then, because of a yellow card for 'diving' when LuaLua was brought down.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How much longer will this board and the local press continue to be Poyet obsessed?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shall we just have one single running 'Gus Watch' thread ? It would save the seemingly daily torrent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How much longer will this board and the local press continue to be Poyet obsessed?

Forever, he was our most successful manager in 30 years and left under a cloud.

How much longer will people who want to yawn or get pissed off with the threads keep being daft enough to open them???

I confess to being interested in what Gus gets up to, as I am with MA and Peter Taylor and Oscar

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Thread started about Gus - CHECK
Reply saying we're obsessed with him - CHECK
Suggestion of a single Gus thread - CHECK
Response defending Gus threads - CHECK

I think we've got a full house.

Oh and:
Sarcastic response CHECKING all the standard Gus thread requirements - CHECK

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
People are obsessed with hating Poyet. I love him. He got us from a relegation fight in League 1 to the play offs in the championship in just over 3 years. Brighton legend in my eyes.

Football needs characters like Gus.

This this and this.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Yes another Gus thread, just what we all need. Im commenting on it so it bumps to the top so more people can see it.

Gus is long gone, what is the need to start a thread everytime he says or does something.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oh great. Another excuse to have a pop at Poyet. Yawn

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
When Gus walks out of the tunnel at the Amex on the next occasion with Sunderland, Leeds, Reading or whoever, I will stand and applaud him, as will I'm sure all the others in the stadium.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When Gus walks out of the tunnel at the Amex on the next occasion with Sunderland, Leeds, Reading or whoever, I will stand and applaud him, as will I'm sure all the others in the stadium.

You expecting a promotion in the near future? I sincerely doubt Poyet will go back to managing in the Championship for a while yet, maybe you missed how ambitious he is.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Ref over-reacted. Violent conduct against a drinks box? Really?

Bruce was the one got away with the violent conduct. He had to be physically held back by the lino for a good 30 secs. He was shoving back against the lino trying to get at Gus.

And Bridcutt. That tackle was sickening. Straight red every time.

Ref had a 'mare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here