Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stephens-040315-ld229-2314532_478x359.jpg

Dale Stephens
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 5th March 2015
by James Hilsum
It’s important that we stay strong at home and that will prove vital for us in the run in."
Dale Stephens

Dale Stephens believes that Brighton & Hove Albion’s home form will be key as they aim to move further away from the Championship relegation zone.
Stephens scored Albion’s first goal against Derby on Tuesday night, sending the side on their way to a third consecutive home victory.
He said, “It was a massive win, especially after the back of the defeat at the weekend. It’s important that we stay strong at home and that will prove vital for us in the run in.
“We’ve shown in the last three or four games that we’re a match for anyone and as long as we can keep our home form going and improve away from home as well, then we’ll have a good chance.
“People will come here [to the Amex] now and give us a bit more respect because we’ve beaten a lot of good teams here. All we can do is look after ourselves and hopefully pick up points away from home as well.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The midfielder was also delighted to net his first goal in nearly 11 months after being deployed in a more advanced role on the night.
“I’ve been out for a long time, so it was good to get out on the pitch and to score a goal.
“I played in that role a couple of times last year and I’ll play wherever the manager wants me to play; if he thinks I can play in that position then I’ll play there.”
Finally, the 25-year-old praised Lewis Dunk and the rest of the Albion defence after the team secured back-to-back clean sheets at home.
“He’s [Lewis Dunk] been brilliant and so have the whole back four. He’s definitely having a great season and I hope that continues. He’s a goal threat as well and the boys showed that we’re very solid as a unit.”[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here