Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway never lets you down

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
This was from a few weeks ago but, really? Just when you think you've heard it all, Holloway goes and proves you wrong.........

Ian Holloway criticised West Yorkshire Police's continued ticket restrictions on Millwall supporters after his side's Championship defeat at Leeds.
The fans were forced to exchange vouchers for tickets at Woolley Edge services 15 miles from Elland Road.

"Can't they police a Saturday match? We should be shown the utmost respect like everybody else," said Holloway. "If I thought they (our fans) were a risk I wouldn't be saying all this. I am proud of them."

Millwall fans had to collect their tickets from Woolley Edge service (A) before making their way to Elland Road (B). Only 200 Millwall fans made the trip to West Yorkshire, who had to report to the service station on the M1 motorway, as they collected their match tickets on the way to the ground.

Holloway feels disrespected by the police force, with his side remaining in the relegation zone after a 1-0 loss. "I don't understand. Are we so much worse? We are only treated like that by West Yorkshire Police. Why should they treat us any differently from everybody else?
"After all, the game has moved on and so has supporters' behaviour, so what is the issue?"

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
From what I have garnered, I've got a lot of respect for him in his private life, but he's a twit when it comes to football.

In this instance, he's backing fans when they have gone out of their way to make trouble with Leeds. He may have a point, but he hasn't condemned those fans that force these measures.

I hear the Millwall gimps attacked another fabric dividing barrier the other day at Rotherham.

Although the first line "of fabric" was breached, the next one put up gallant resistance and stopped the Bermondsey horde after a sudden gust of wind moved the line "of fabric" thus fooling the Millwall hoolies into thinking it may fight back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's got a point to be fair

not really, when the teams have recent form for trouble against each other. doesnt he know their own slogan?

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Following a few of the Millwall contingent's little show of force at Rotherham, they'll not only be "victimised" by West Yorkshire Police, but now by South Yorkshire Police too.

Though curiously, old Ian didn't see any of that happening, as he was so focused on the game...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here