Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Pie

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Really enjoyed this culinary delight last night. What other delicacies are there that are unique to Sussex?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interested in this. WTF is a 'Sussex Pasty' ? I decided against it, being a huge fan of the traditional Cornish, as it just didn't feel right.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Really enjoyed this culinary delight last night. What other delicacies are there that are unique to Sussex?

I had one last night. Really liked it, but was like a proper Cornish pasty you would buy in Cornwall from a proper pasty shop, but in a pie.

What about Sussex Pond Pudding - full of suet and lemon. Gorgeous, but probably a heart attack waiting to happen.

Sussex Pie is something I was given once by an elderly relative, it contains game.

I asked her for the recipe and she refused, family secret and all that, took it to her grave although there are many available which I have attempted and never got close to hers.

The thought of Piglets Pantry fvcking that up abhors me.

Who remembers the shop near the station who used to sell tidioggies?

More Cornwall than Sussex, but a good stomach liner before strolling along the seafront in 1962 making smart-arese comments to girls and hoping to God they didn't respond.

Ah, the joys of being young in the 60's.

I feel old. Surely my son isn't 33 today? (Happy birthday Commander)

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Who remembers the shop near the station who used to sell tidioggies?

More Cornwall than Sussex, but a good stomach liner before strolling along the seafront in 1962 making smart-arese comments to girls and hoping to God they didn't respond.

Ah, the joys of being young in the 60's.

I feel old. Surely my son isn't 33 today? (Happy birthday Commander)

What's a tidioggie?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Horsham Hedgehogs
Serves four
400g sausagemeat
1 large onion
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 egg beaten
100g brown breadcrumbs, coarse
salt & pepper

mix sausagemeat, onion, herbs & seasoning.
form balls of mixture into hedghog shapes, dip in beaten egg & roll in breadcrumbs.
place hedgehogs on a baking tray & cook for 25 mins @ 180c.

use crisps for spines

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sussex Crumpy
serves four

2 rashers of bacon
1 chopped onion
2 sliced toms
50g mushrooms
4 eggs
4 tbls cream
50g grated cheddar cheese
pepper

grease a deep pie dish or souffle dish.
chop the bacon into small pieces & fry, add onion & saute.
put in dish with toms & mushrooms.
beat eggs & cream together, add cheese & pepper, then pour over ingredients in dish.
cook in moderate oven for 35 mins @ 180c

All from 'A Taste Of Sussex'
ISBN 0-946197-31-8
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...s=stripbooks&field-keywords=a+taste+of+sussex
IMG_20150304_204204.jpgEnjoy :)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I had one last night. Really liked it, but was like a proper Cornish pasty you would buy in Cornwall from a proper pasty shop, but in a pie.

What about Sussex Pond Pudding - full of suet and lemon. Gorgeous, but probably a heart attack waiting to happen.

Except that Cornish pasties do not have peppered mince in them, or peas, gravy and carrots.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Something from my yoof.

Along with mods and rockers, brylcreem, girls with beehive hairdos, and footballers called Alf and Fred who used dubbin.

Under-wired bras, O'hagens Hotdogs, Divalls, a Beano from the pie shop, Electricity House,The Regent, Ice Skating, The Chicken Run and snow drifts above your head........Some things today's yoof don't have.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Under-wired bras, O'hagens Hotdogs, Divalls, a Beano from the pie shop, Electricity House,The Regent, Ice Skating, The Chicken Run and snow drifts above your head........Some things today's yoof don't have.

Ahhh, under wired bras, stick your hands up her roll neck jumper insert the tips of your fingers under the wire, push up and the titties flop down nicely into your palms. Have a good grope and a tweak, stick your tongue down her throat and return to your mates and light up a Players No 6. Happy days.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here