Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlights - Penalty?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just watched the normal length highlights on Player, and they seem to confirm what I thought last night, which is that in the first half Derby should have had a penalty.

Ince was slipped through and would have bee 1 on 1 with Stockdale, and as they cross Dunk gives him an almighty shove in the back, effectively pushing him past the ball.

Of you see the replay shot from behind the goal, Greer is right in the ref's sightline, but it was a very dodgy moment.

Papa

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That's OK Ince was an idiot to try a flash flick to score when he should have just put his foot through the ball and it would have been an easy goal, I see the papers said it was goal bound before Greer cleared off the line but it was actually no where near scoring

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I said this at the time.

No one, including Ince, appealed though, which made me wonder if my eyes were deceiving me.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
That's OK Ince was an idiot to try a flash flick to score when he should have just put his foot through the ball and it would have been an easy goal, I see the papers said it was goal bound before Greer cleared off the line but it was actually no where near scoring

??? Had Greer not been there it was definitely goal bound.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I thought that was the case, they even showed it back on the screens and thought it was a blatant penalty though. Sometimes you need luck on your side and Derby didnt have that last night.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Really I was behind it, the ball coming toward me and it look like it was going well wide

Definitely going in, and i also think stockdale would've saved it had ince it hit with his laces as the angle was tight.

As for the pen we've had more than enough decisions go against us this year so we deserved a bit of luck

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] said exactly the same thing to me over post match beers.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Luck, rode it we did.
Penalty, given it was not.
Delighted I am.
Dutch, Mclaren is.

I don't know about Dutch: you've just turned him into Yoda.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought it looked a pen last night, but no-one on the Derby team or the fans (it was at the opposite end to them though) appealed at the time. The ref must have had a decent view of it if my memory is correct.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
At the time I did think Dunk had got away with that one.
If Ince had made more of the challenge and appealed it could have been given. I would have presumed the lino would have been level with the incident as well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Baldock should've had one v Cardiff or Weds whichever it was so never mind...

Although had it been given Stockdale would've sealed his MOM award :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here