Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two things about LuaLua

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Was anyone else worried about him coming off the bench on a very cold evening, having done next to no warm-up and into a game where he was almost certainly going to have to extend his legs from the off?

2. He scored with his left foot. That can't have happened very often.

B_NIhhEVAAIBxvB.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes... and it was odd that it took him so long to get warming up when the injury immediately looked bad. I think he continued his warm up on the pitch though.

I hope he gets some game time so that Hughton can see how good he is, as he's only just approaching match fitness again.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Have to admit that I held my breath when we was lining up the shot with his left foot. His shooting can be so wayward, as he insists on sacrificing accuracy with power a little too often for my liking. But it was a devastating finish, and it completely knocked the wind out of Derby. It was nice to see a player taking the opportunity on with their weaker foot, and something we dont see enough of in my opinion, and too many half chances go begging as players opt to try and find a "better" opportunity by moving the ball back to their stronger foot.
Was KLL more surprised than anyone (even the Derby 'keeper!) to see it nestle in the corner??!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pleasing to see him trying to take players on again last night. He's spent a lot of time lately in the middle, not really going anywhere. I think most people want to see him pushing the ball past defenders and leaving them for dead. That's his forte. More please, Kaz.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have to admit that I held my breath when we was lining up the shot with his left foot. His shooting can be so wayward, as he insists on sacrificing accuracy with power a little too often for my liking. But it was a devastating finish, and it completely knocked the wind out of Derby. It was nice to see a player taking the opportunity on with their weaker foot, and something we dont see enough of in my opinion, and too many half chances go begging as players opt to try and find a "better" opportunity by moving the ball back to their stronger foot.
Was KLL more surprised than anyone (even the Derby 'keeper!) to see it nestle in the corner??!!

Devastating finish indeed . One of those that as soon as he hit it the only place it was ending up was the bottom corner . Lovely moment .

Also hoping he can get a run now as been one of our best players all season.

Was bit surprised 2nd half when he looked like could have a one on one he never put the after burners on though. Was a long way from Me so may of seen it wrong

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes... and it was odd that it took him so long to get warming up when the injury immediately looked bad. I think he continued his warm up on the pitch though.

I hope he gets some game time so that Hughton can see how good he is, as he's only just approaching match fitness again.

I'm sure Chris will know what LuaLua is about from their time together at Newcastle. Nice to see a moment of class from him last night and hopefully he'll get some extended playing time to boost his match fitness.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Looked to me like he rolled an ankle when challenging for a header around 70th min. Certainly wasn't comfortable. Definitely needs game time, until the goal he was out of the game... Tex and Lua Lua at full tilt is an awesome attacking option though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I thought Lua Lua was very poor, until around 65 mins, he started to run at people and take people on, he won a couple of freekicks and started to worry Shotten.

However full credit to him for that goal, it was fantastic. he finished the game very well.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Looked to me like he rolled an ankle when challenging for a header around 70th min. Certainly wasn't comfortable. Definitely needs game time, until the goal he was out of the game... Tex and Lua Lua at full tilt is an awesome attacking option though.
I'm surprised you say that. I thought he attacked Derby with purpose,won free kicks and looked a real threat. I was pleased with his contribution last night. Granted he was better 2nd half.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Worth mentioning his dive in front of the west too . Was fouled firstly so rightly awarded a free kick . His dive that followed needed more work on the training pitch.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Credit also to the person in the TV room, it was an excellent 4 or 5 replays of the goal from different angles and then to cap it all the shot where the camera follow Kaz scoring and then slo-moing his flips.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
I'm surprised you say that. I thought he attacked Derby with purpose,won free kicks and looked a real threat. I was pleased with his contribution last night. Granted he was better 2nd half.

I think overall I was pleased too, but plenty of times earlier on in the second half where he wasn't chasing back and not getting into positions where he could have caused Rams problems. I wasn't the only one saying that from my view point, it was purely down to lack of game time and us being up against it until the 60th min. He will certainly get better and better...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Credit also to the person in the TV room, it was an excellent 4 or 5 replays of the goal from different angles and then to cap it all the shot where the camera follow Kaz scoring and then slo-moing his flips.

Everyone loves a good Kaz celebration, don't they? I think it was his family sitting in with the away fans at Bolton at the weekend, so I was hoping he'd smash one in up there, but no such luck.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was bit surprised 2nd half when he looked like could have a one on one he never put the after burners on though. Was a long way from Me so may of seen it wrong

That should have been my third thing.

I don't think he's actually that quick over a long distance - his forte is making space over 5-10 yards.

That said, he should have cut in front of the defender, as Kayal did in a similar run a few games back, giving the defender the choice of the foul (and yellow/red card) or letting him go.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought Lua Lua was very poor, until around 65 mins, he started to run at people and take people on, he won a couple of freekicks and started to worry Shotten.

However full credit to him for that goal, it was fantastic. he finished the game very well.
But there's a big difference between poor and unfit!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
truth be told he has not been fully fit for a long time, every time he has come back he gets another injury, that one other thing I like about CH he gives the players time to recover, although last night he did not have a lot of choice but to bring him on and probably with his mindset for a 15 cameo at the end of the match but then being thrown on much earlier.
KLL will be immense next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here