Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This time next year Rodney......

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
.....we'll be top of this division.

Hughton's a good un. He seems to have more than a plan A. If he's given a decent chunk of cash to spend early enough in the summer I reckon he can and will deliver promotion.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
.....we'll be top of this division.

Hughton's a good un. He seems to have more than a plan A. If he's given a decent chunk of cash to spend early enough in the summer I reckon he can and will deliver promotion.

Yep, it's a substantial if, unfortunately

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Always good to see people's optimism return, but I would just point out that we lost tamely to Bolton on Saturday and are far from safe yet (though have taken some big strides towards it lately).

I think I'll wait till the summer before I decide whether we're going to stroll through the Championship next season :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Wages from those released (Kemy,CMS, Casper etc.) should enable us to bring a few in.

Noticeable last night how much pace there was in the Derby side, something which we lack IMO

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Always good to see people's optimism return, but I would just point out that we lost tamely to Bolton on Saturday and are far from safe yet (though have taken some big strides towards it lately).

I think I'll wait till the summer before I decide whether we're going to stroll through the Championship next season :lolol:

I like to give myself a large dose of optimism whilst shelling out for next season's ST in March. :smile:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like to give myself a large dose of optimism whilst shelling out for next season's ST in March. :smile:

Ah, fair one :) I've just had my letter through this morning, by the looks of it.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
An entire pre-season will be a big help as well, as will the saved wages from released players. The sign are there to attempt to push forward, but lets not run before we can walk.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If Beram Kayal is a marker of the type of players Hughton can draw in, I am optimistic.

Lets get this season out of the way first, though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
CH's tactics are all about winning at home and maybe nicking a win or point away. Away games wont be much of a spectacle but will give you that all important two points a game.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yes there are encouraging signs but we’re a long, long way from being a side that’s capable of mounting a serious promotion challenge. First things first, over the next few games let’s make absolutely sure we’re comfortably safe going into the last month or so of this season. That will allow the club plenty of time to plan for next and to identify and secure the right players so we have a summer free from the turmoil of the last two. What then, do we need? The current defence is slow, inconsistent and vulnerable. It needs major surgery. On the shopping list should be 2 new full-backs and at least one centre-half, possibly two, if Dunk departs. We have some options in midfield but unless Tex signs on for another year, he’ll need replacing. I think we’re still short of a wise old head who can lead and run a game. And we need another wide player - Elliot Bennett is well known to be top of that list. Which brings us onto the strikers. I like Chris O’Grady but for all his efforts, he’s only scored 2 goals all season and has been continuously linked with a move back to the frozen north. He may well leave. It must be highly unlikely that CMS will be offered a new deal. Leon Best is on loan and has done little to suggest he’s the answer but we know he’s played for Hughton before so it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise if he joins permanently. That just leaves Sam Baldock but we’ll still need to find 2 or 3 new strikers. There’s a lot to do.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Talks proper football too................. " The lad Stephens."

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Have you decided yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here