Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No food in the WSU at half time!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sort it out Sodexo, surely you should be seeking to capitalize on hungry people coming straight from work!? Then you close down the only kiosk WITH food and don't think to redistribute it, like a bad task on the Apprentice.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To be fair I think the Tills went down, but it still seemed a bit of a farce.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I bought a delicious hamburger and coffee just before the 2nd half started... from WSU North End... served with a smile and considerably better than I expected. :)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I bought a delicious hamburger and coffee just before the 2nd half started... from WSU North End... served with a smile and considerably better than I expected. :)

You are a lucky man, I traipsed around for a cheese burger over the whole course of half time.

TBH it was probably a good thing as I had already eaten a pie before KO.

Still, really poor organisation by Sodexo how do you (mostly) run out of food at half time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I ordered a Strongbow & a Harvey's from the WSU after the game (I wasn't even planning on drinking, but results like that justify a swift half). The woman who served me said they were out of Harvey's. Just as I was facing a dilemma of whether the recipient would drink cider or lager instead, she brightly advised me that "We do have the guest ale though?", which I gratefully accepted.

Such is my low expectation of the service standards in there that I was genuinely pleased and impressed that she'd thought to offer me the other ale instead :lolol:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I ordered a Strongbow & a Harvey's from the WSU after the game (I wasn't even planning on drinking, but results like that justify a swift half). The woman who served me said they were out of Harvey's. Just as I was facing a dilemma of whether the recipient would drink cider or lager instead, she brightly advised me that "We do have the guest ale though?", which I gratefully accepted.

Such is my low expectation of the service standards in there that I was genuinely pleased and impressed that she'd thought to offer me the other ale instead :lolol:

After a match last season I ordered a PINT of Harvey's from one of the WSL kiosks, the guy serving me informed me that they were out of Harvey's as all they had left were 2 HALF pints. I actually had to explain to him how he could solve this little problem :lolol:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Sort it out Sodexo, surely you should be seeking to capitalize on hungry people coming straight from work!? Then you close down the only kiosk WITH food and don't think to redistribute it, like a bad task on the Apprentice.

Its like that for *every* game at the kiosk in the NWC and its the poor students manning the tills who get it in the neck.

Worst thing about it is during the 2nd half you see the staff walking down the stairs from the West Stand with bin bags full of pies and other food (I assume) destined for the bin. Sodexo really are piss poor.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
19.30pm - "Can I have a steak pie, please?" "No, we only have chicken and ham left." At 19.30hrs FFS!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We arrived late due to the high degree of train cackbadgery on display near London, so I went to the first kiosk and asked which pies they had, to be told they only had Chicken and Ham. Slightly miffed I decided to give it a go "Ok, I'll have a pie and a pint of Strongbow". She came back a little while later with the pie only to inform me they'd go no cider.

she was about to arrange a refund for the cider (as I'd paid) by card, when I decided I'd like a refund on it all... I got that back as cash.

I stroll to the central bank of kiosks, where they had many pie options - i plumped for the Steak and Ale and a pint of cider... "Sorry sir, we've stopped serving alcohol until half time".

D'oh!

Pie and a bovril it was....

Both very nice though.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I am Harveys drinker but have never had a good pint at Amex ..always average to poor....Last night in West Stand Lower towards south stand...The Harveys was superb..as it should be crystal clear..Well done!!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Have to say the half-time refreshment experience was a delight last evening, got a pint of Harveys straight away and it was very nice indeed. The guest ale at full time was also delightful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was an EVIL BAD FAN and went to the WSU concourse 2 minutes before the end of the first half.

The cheeseburger I bought was surprisingly decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here