Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ref weren't happy with 'ring of fire ' last night was he?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've clicked so you don't have to:

---

Five things we learnt from Brighton & Hove Albion’s excellent home win against league leaders Derby County

1) Ring of Fire might be becoming a ring of fire risk. The song played just before kick off to gee up the Amex crowd and appeared to antagonise referee Neil Swarbrick. The sometime premier league official was unable to start the match until it stopped. The game got under way at 7.47pm.

2) Not many Albion fans appeared to recognise former Albion goalkeeper Eric Steele. He played in Albion’s promotion winning team at Newcastle in 1979 is now Derby’s goalkeeping coach. Steele spent most of the match giving instructions in Derby’s technical area.

3) Joe Bennett is a compassionate young man. The Albion full back whacked the ball into the crowd from the touchline and apologised to the fans he hit in the Lower West Stand immediately. He was booked for his trouble and five minutes later, while taking a throw in from the same area, he appeared to apologise again.

4) Ex-Brighton and Hove mayor Ann Norman and her husband Ken enjoyed Albion’s win from their seats in the West Stand 1901. Ann, who also completed the inaugural Brighton Marathon in 2010, appeared delighted with the result and both look to be die-hard Albion fans.

5) Both Albion goals were scored by substitutes. It was Dale Stephens’s second goal for the club and Kazenga LuaLua’s ninth.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I don't like it personally but its not a two minute bit of music, it's not the reason for the 7:47 kick off

Whilst it was playing both teams were in a huddle, and the linesman were still running to take position. Probably delayed kick off by about 15 seconds at most.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't like it personally but its not a two minute bit of music, it's not the reason for the 7:47 kick off

Whilst it was playing both teams were in a huddle, and the linesman were still running to take position. Probably delayed kick off by about 15 seconds at most.

Indeed. The ref raised the whistle to his mouth, and the music was faded immediately.

Ref's DO NOT have to wait for any music to finish, they can start the game when they want. If he did wait he doesn't know the rules.

Other than that Timmy, pile of shit as usual.

Gimp.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

2) Not many Albion fans appeared to recognise former Albion goalkeeper Eric Steele. He played in Albion’s promotion winning team at Newcastle in 1979 is now Derby’s goalkeeping coach. Steele spent most of the match giving instructions in Derby’s technical area.

All I'm reading here is:

Ooh, LOOK AT ME, I know who their goalkeeping coach was and YOU didn't, so there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Willie Pope would be turning in his grave

teachers2.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

The minute's applause would have added about, er, a minute also. The huddles were a bit cringe-making and went on for far too long. The ref should just have blown his whistle with both teams mid-huddle, that would have made for excellent entertainment! :lol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The only thing from that list that could classify as something that we might have learned is no. 3.

Cock.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The minute's applause would have added about, er, a minute also. The huddles were a bit cringe-making and went on for far too long. The ref should just have blown his whistle with both teams mid-huddle, that would have made for excellent entertainment! :lol:

That would be brilliant, it would be like the start of a water polo match when someone from each team RACES to get the ball.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
As previously mentioned the Ref definitely does NOT wait for the music to stop before starting the match. Referees are briefed beforehand about the Albion pre-match routine (which could involve (but hopefully doesn't) maybe a 15-20 second wait in the tunnel whilst the pre-match video sequence is played out). However it is entirely his discretion when he wants to bring the teams out and start the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here