Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutes announced. Not. Am I missing summat?

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Last 2 or 3 games our subs haven't been announced before the start. Really peeves me. Part of the interest in the game is discussing sub options through the game, also I like knowing who's in contention/close to playing/manager's strategy.

Am I missing something?

Maybe there's a good reason? If so do tell.

If not, could we have 'em announced again, pretty please?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Last 2 or 3 games our subs haven't been announced before the start. Really peeves me. Part of the interest in the game is discussing sub options through the game, also I like knowing who's in contention/close to playing/manager's strategy.

Am I missing something?

Maybe there's a good reason? If so do tell.

If not, could we have 'em announced again, pretty please?

Do you get to your seat late on?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It seems they've dropped announcing the subs to play Ring Of Fire instead.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
15 minutes before start I usually sit. The teams are read out just before the start, no subs of late. As I said, am I missing summat?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
15 minutes before start I usually sit. The teams are read out just before the start, no subs of late. As I said, am I missing summat?

They list the subs during the initial read-through, which I guess is probably a lot earlier than 15 minutes before the start.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Need to get to your seat earlier sub's announced on first reading of teams

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Need to get to your seat earlier sub's announced on first reading of teams

OK, if that's how it works, a strange decision by the club, I would have thought they wanted everyone guzzling in the bars as long as possible, not hiking up early to hear the one single reading of the subs. Please change it club.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
OK, if that's how it works, a strange decision by the club, I would have thought they wanted everyone guzzling in the bars as long as possible, not hiking up early to hear the one single reading of the subs. Please change it club.

They show the starting 11 and the subs on the tv screens in the concourse before every game whilst I'm guzzling.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I want to know who the subs are

Again last night the Albion subs were not announced before the game. The Derby subs appeared on the screen, but not Brighton's.

I WANT OUR SUBS BACK.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
While I like Ring of Fire, I would rather have the subs back to be honest. Yes, I can look them up etc..., but it just feels a lot more complete having the subs read out.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Easy to sort, just work backwards from kick off.
Kick off
Ring of fire
Drop that anonymous rubbish music just before ROF
Full team news plus subs
Sussex by the Sea
If more time needed, when R Reynolds puts his head in the lens the first time, knock him out with the camera. He is the biggest waste of time. Do the pitch side interviews etc, yes but cut the dribble.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If they can manage to list the away team subs on the screen just before kick-off (as they did with Derby), then they can list Albion's. Even that would not really suffice in my opinion ... I want them announced!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Never mind the beer, pies, singing and general crowd atmosphere, and the match itself; if there's one thing I really look forward to with every Amex game, it's discussing the sub options.

Barber out etc.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It doesn't bother me in the slightest. I like the ROF just before KO. We have won every time they have done it.. (?)

Best solution would be to show the subs on the big screen during the match. Perhaps alternating between the first 11 and the subs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I want them back, if only to stop the two blokes next to me BLEATING on about it for the first 5 minutes of the match.

On second thoughts maybe we should leave it, as at least it delays their exasperated moaning about whoever the chosen scapegoat is (Danny Holla on Tuesday night...).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here