Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Fans - funny old lot

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Spent the first 60 minutes slagging off the home support. They go a goal down and there's not a peep out of em for the rest of the game. :cool:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Spent the first 60 minutes slagging off the home support. They go a goal down and there's not a peep out of em for the rest of the game. :cool:
This. Hahaha.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
they did & other than 'top of the league, your avin a laugh' we let them off completely

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I've got time for this Rams lot. Seem a good bunch with a team being run on the right lines. #risspict

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
they did & other than 'top of the league, your avin a laugh' we let them off completely

I think most, like I, were too nervous of conceding a goal...

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I literally didn't hear them from 60 mins onwards - shame as they were ok to start with. Again though, they couldn't hear the North stand noise and vice versa - so both think the other was silent...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Did you expect anything else?

They go into the game as league leaders facing perennial strugglers and rightly make a lot of noise, taking the piss out of the (lack of) home atmosphere.

Then they go a goal down and their spirits dampen. A second follows and they all but breathe their last.

See it time and time again at grounds all over the land.

For me, at least until we scored, Derby had one of the better away supports I've seen this season. And at their worst they still made more noise than us.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

To be fair I thought that they made a lot of noise in the first half and as usual the NS was singing two songs (quietly) at once. We started to get it together when we were getting a battering in the second half but once we scored they went very sullen, and we gave it some decibels. And even a couple of times both sides of the NS sang the same song!

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003

Perhaps, after the North Stand's genius rendition of "Dougie, what's the score?" just as Forest were about to take the free kick from which they would- inevitably- equalise, it finally dawned on them that karma can be an absolute ******* at times?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Being on the half way line in the West the Derby fans were very loud until we scored. However we were very quiet until we scored.

Unless both sets of fans are loud it's always going to be a problem until more singers are put in large numbers near the away fans.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Did you expect anything else?

They go into the game as league leaders facing perennial strugglers and rightly make a lot of noise, taking the piss out of the (lack of) home atmosphere.

Then they go a goal down and their spirits dampen. A second follows and they all but breathe their last.

See it time and time again at grounds all over the land.

For me, at least until we scored, Derby had one of the better away supports I've seen this season. And at their worst they still made more noise than us.

err we're not perennial strugglers anymore, this season maybe, but not recently.

Yes I did expect more from them, if you go one down you still support your team, your heads might go down after a second, but their support collapsed after the first goal. I wouldn't normally pick up on it but them singing your support is fu**ing shit, and we're Derby County we'll sing on our own, is a touch ironic yeah

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
err we're not perennial strugglers anymore, this season maybe, but not recently.

Yes I did expect more from them, if you go one down you still support your team, your heads might go down after a second, but their support collapsed after the first goal. I wouldn't normally pick up on it but them singing your support is fu**ing shit, and we're Derby County we'll sing on our own, is a touch ironic yeah

Granted 'perennial' may have been the wrong word. But the point stands; Derby came here as league leaders against a struggling team in a ground with little atmosphere. Of course they were boisterous. We'd do the same. We'd also, I'd imagine, shut up pretty quick I'd we then went 2 down (largely) against the run of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here