Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Battered and Won

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing really, Derby took us apart for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half but by not scoring paid the price.

They must wonder what they did wrong :lolol::lolol:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Was that your Chinese dinner?.....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Derby were fantastic until 75 minutes. Even after that they were very good.

Thank goodness Lingard missed. Agent Lingard.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Derby were fantastic until 75 minutes. Even after that they were very good.

Thank goodness Lingard missed. Agent Lingard.

I thought from 60mins we got ourselves back in the game.

The crowd sensed it too, for some reason with our back against the wall the stadium produced a lot of noise and the game turned. From Stephens then coming on 67mins we got control of the midfield and I thought it we started to boss the game, to the extent of at 2-0 up, we still had some chances.

Quite how we kept a clean sheet up until 60mins mind was largely down to Stockdale's finest performance in an Albion shirt to day, and some throwing yourselves at everything defending. We earned a large slice of that luck.

What a game though, I even loved our last ditch defending at the start of the second half, that was a proper game of football!

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Fantastic result and not now far away from safety and a chance for CH to start building.

WE HOPE HE IS ALLOWED!!!!!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The save at the end of the corner and their inability to convert chances in the first 15 of the second cost them. 12 corners to 2, 19 shots to 8 and 57% possesion but if you can't score....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Frick me they were good. I hope they go up. Delighted we got one over on them and our confidence soars. Lua Lua whizzbanging that beauty settled it, but before that, and even after still, they were mostly all over us. Bliley what a match.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think for the first time in agess, the amex spured the team on

It was weird as well. There was like a collective realisation that it wasn't going for Derby and that the team were putting themselves on the line. With our backs completely against the wall, the noise really started to build.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Result aside, I'd love us to play like Derby week in week out. Moved the ball very quickly in possession, played an aggressive pressing game without it. On another night they'd have scored a bucketload.

They may have lost two games on the bounce now but McLaren has built a very good side there and I expect them to still be in the top two by the end of the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not often you see a side play constant tippy-tappy in the opposition penalty area while the entire opposing team throw themselves crazily at the ball :lol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I thought from 60mins we got ourselves back in the game.

The crowd sensed it too, for some reason with our back against the wall the stadium produced a lot of noise and the game turned. From Stephens then coming on 67mins we got control of the midfield and I thought it we started to boss the game, to the extent of at 2-0 up, we still had some chances.

Quite how we kept a clean sheet up until 60mins mind was largely down to Stockdale's finest performance in an Albion shirt to day, and some throwing yourselves at everything defending. We earned a large slice of that luck.

What a game though, I even loved our last ditch defending at the start of the second half, that was a proper game of football!

Can't disagree with that. You're right that Stephens coming on made a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here