Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ddwwlw

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some might say that's a play off capable team.

Great stuff, loving the way the team has been managed since the Cardiff draw.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
What a win! Listening after half time it did seem that Derby were being very profligate in front of goal. At some point we were going to go up their end and get an opening and, luckily enough, we took our chances when they came. Poles apart from that horror show we all witnessed at home to Millwall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He means play off form I presume. Happy to be proved very wrong. Hughton has played a blinder
More a dig at all of us who have spent the last 6 months mocking TB for his August prediction.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
More a dig at all of us who have spent the last 6 months mocking TB for his August prediction.

Well, a lot has changed since then. Hyypia and IMO Burke knackered us this season. Hughton has just healed the deep wounds

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, a lot has changed since then. Hyypia and IMO Burke knackered us this season. Hughton has just healed the deep wounds
The one think that hasn't changed, with the exception of Kayal, is the team.

Dec 29, 2011
3 wins in 6 now, whilst Hyypia had 3 wins in 23.

Hyypia was ****ing shit. Absolutely clueless as a manager. I still can't believe how long Bloom played chicken with him for. If he had taken just a few more weeks to resign we could be in the relegation zone right now. (Cue 'plays why Bloom's the poker player' comments).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hyypia was ****ing shit. Absolutely clueless as a manager. I still can't believe how long Bloom played chicken with him for. If he had taken just a few more weeks to resign we could be in the relegation zone right now. (Cue 'plays why Bloom's the poker player' comments).

This with bells on.

Lets be crystal clear here. The longer Sami stayed the more chance we would be in L1 by Jan with no way back. We were doomed.

However we must also be grateful that Sami resigned as this waived any compensation. He is a very honorable man with masses of integrity.

I think Bloom was lucky. Sami could have stuck it out and got his payoff.

Of course we should have sacked him in November, maybe October but its working out ok so no harm done.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This with bells on.

Lets be crystal clear here. The longer Sami stayed the more chance we would be in L1 by Jan with no way back. We were doomed.

However we must also be grateful that Sami resigned as this waived any compensation. He is a very honorable man with masses of integrity.

I think Bloom was lucky. Sami could have stuck it out and got his payoff.

Of course we should have sacked him in November, maybe October but its working out ok so no harm done.

This with a cows bell attached

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I am the sort of sadsack who would renew, with a certain amount of exuberance, were we to be automatically relegated to non-league with the prices still frozen. However, anyone who isn't renewing for next season now must be seriously grumpy. We appear to finally have a manager with the tactical robustness to match our fine footballing principles.

As for the Sami thing: he clearly didn't just resign. A settlement was reached. Still think it reflects very badly and deteriorates trust in the powers that be that they would have let him carry on and, presumably, grind us into the ground for the sake of preserving their pride had he, at some point, not offered to resign with some (likely financial) conditions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here