Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jfc

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As I would say when people pointed to various managers picking him, when everyone is fit and available he slips down the pecking order. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, or indicative of him not having the potential to be compete for a start, but that he is still young and learning, he is trusted with stepping in as needed, but still has to develop certain areas of his game before he becomes first choice.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I'll be slated for saying this but I kind of wanted to stick a "I was right about JFC" thread up the more and more it became clear that CH doesn't value him or his ability to contribute at this level.

Genuinely surprised he's not been sent out on loan.

Also where are all those who defended him clamoring for him to be in the starting XI?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
JFC was okay until about October, then went backwards. Sami's tean selections didn't help. Didn't he start Tex, Gardner and JFC against Derby away?

I'm more surprised that Ince was completely left out today, especially given Kayal's lack of fitness. Still, it worked...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Getting a rest and hopefully building up his confidence. Has a big part to play in our future, but looked drained and with kayal coming in and tex hitting form I'm not surprised he has been left out. Still expect him to play a part this season though (much like holla today)

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'll be slated for saying this but I kind of wanted to stick a "I was right about JFC" thread up the more and more it became clear that CH doesn't value him or his ability to contribute at this level.

Also where are all those who defended him clamoring for him to be in the starting XI?

I think the vast majority who defended him were realistic enough to know at this present stage of his career he should be on the fringes of the first team rather than an automatic starter. He lost his place and will have to work hard to win it back or take advantage when there are injuries and suspensions.

The abuse he got was over the top, personal and unwarranted so go on stick your thread up and hopefully most sensible posters will tell you to stick it up your arse. It's pretty sad that you should want a young homegrown player to fail so you can be proved right.

Last edited:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Good enough for eng u21's.

People forget he is still young & he has been playing in a team low on confidence.
Are we going to toss him aside the same as we did to o Grady earlier this season are are we going to get behind him.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As I would say when people pointed to various managers picking him, when everyone is fit and available he slips down the pecking order. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, or indicative of him not having the potential to be compete for a start, but that he is still young and learning, he is trusted with stepping in as needed, but still has to develop certain areas of his game before he becomes first choice.

I agree totaly he is very likley to prove to be a very good player in a another year or so

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Even though he's an AML that was played in the DMC role under Hyypia..?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think the vast majority who defended him were realistic enough to know at this present stage of his career he should be on the fringes of the first team rather than an automatic starter. He lost his place and will have to work hard to win it back or take advantage when there are injuries and suspensions.

The abuse he got was over the top, personal and unwarranted so go on stick your thread up and hopefully most sensible posters will tell you to stick it up your arse. It's pretty sad that you should want a young homegrown player to fail so you can be proved right.

I only want what's best for this team and playing a woefully inexperienced central midfielder in a team battling against the threat of relegation was a tactic doomed to fail both at an individual and team level.

I don't believe that he's good enough to command a starting XI position at Championship level but only time will tell on that.

Just because he's involved/starting or in the U21 squad doesn't actually prove much. I could rustle up a list of 30 young players with supposed promise at that age that neither went on to star for the full England team or made it in the Premier league but at the time of their involvement I'm sure their respective clubs had similarly high hopes.

I've seen nothing but flashes of competence from JFC and don't criticise him unnecessarily just simply don't think he's got it. Christ even Dan Harding and Adam Hinshelwood played for the U21s didn't they?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Even though he's an AML that was played in the DMC role under Hyypia..?

Yes. In my opinion he has not improved at all in his time under OG or SH and my only hope is that CH recognises that a period of reflection and time away from the limelight of the first XI at his age might yet save his career. I just personally don't think it will be with us or another Championship level club.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
JFC was okay until about October, then went backwards. Sami's tean selections didn't help. Didn't he start Tex, Gardner and JFC against Derby away?

I'm more surprised that Ince was completely left out today, especially given Kayal's lack of fitness. Still, it worked...

Ince was left out today for the same reason as JFC was a few games ago, according to Andy Naylor. He had started 13 games in a row and needed resting according to CH. He believes in squad rotation.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ince was left out today for the same reason as JFC was a few games ago, according to Andy Naylor. He had started 13 games in a row and needed resting according to CH. He believes in squad rotation.

Yeah right. SH believed in rotation for rotation's sake but CH very clearly picks the appropriate team for the matches on form. It's no surprise to me that we've been much more consistent in his tenure as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here