Jul 5, 2003
at home
Go philli Union!

Go Phillies
Go eagles

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Went to a few Red Bulls games last year.

The standard is low and it really is a pension for ageing good players. Thierry Henry barely broke a sweat most of the time. I find it really depressing that Beckham wasted 5 years of his career in it.

I'm going to the first New York City FC game at Yankee Stadium out of morbid fascination

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've seen the Houston Dynamo play a couple of seasons back at the BBVA - one of the years when they lost to LA Galaxy in the MLS Cup Final.

One-time Derby player Giles Barnes is plying his trade there. Owen Coyle's the manager.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Big Whitecaps fan but unfortunately never been to a game. Streamed quite a few last season though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Had a season ticket for Red Bulls a few years ago. Good stadium and reasonable prices but lacks the atmosphere of English footie. NYCFC ~ soccer in a baseball stadium really doesn't work

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Quite looking forward to watching a few games on Sky this season, will be nice to break up the PL TV monotony (/monopoly).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Off to the Vancouver v Seattle game in May - is it classed as a local derby?

Nice one. I am getting a soft spot for Portland for some bizarre reason.

Sky showing two matches a week so might get to see a few in the coming weeks.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Granny W - Love your love of the city of brotherly love (my adopted home).

MLS - For me it's unwatchable. I used to enjoy Beckham spraying the ball around and the occasional wonder free kick but other than that......It will never happen but the idea of relegation/promotion would make it all far more interesting than the current design. That and no away supporters to create a real atmosphere,

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Chicago Fire are the team I follow, been to Toyota Park when Fire got dicked 4-1 by the now dead Chivas, was a very end to end game but wow, the one thing I've noticed more than anything is that their set piece defending is just awful. Not just Chi, but everyone just look all over the place.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

It's part of what is known as the Cascadia Cup. 'Caps, Seattle and Portland are all "local" rivals and the cup is awarded to the team that has the most points across the six fixtures.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looking forward to it being on sky this season. Quite fancy taking in the new York 'derby'.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
Went to Toronto v Columbus Crew a couple seasons ago. Torsten Frings ran the show for Toronto without breaking into a jog, just pinging 30 yarders to feet everytime he got the ball.

Gonzalo Higaun's brother was playing for Columbus. Um, he's not quite as good.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

Absolutely it is. It's probably the closest thing there is in the MLS to Palace v Brighton (but very different) Look out for the chainsaws!

I have been to a couple of Seattle Sounders games at Centurylink Field. The fans do their best but its all a bit cringey. Especially when the brass band pipes up at random points in the match.

edit: maybe the bloke chopping up the tree on the side of the pitch with a chainsaw was Portland?? I can't remember.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Absolutely it is. It's probably the closest thing there is in the MLS to Palace v Brighton (but very different) Look out for the chainsaws!

I have been to a couple of Seattle Sounders games at Centurylink Field. The fans do their best but its all a bit cringey. Especially when the brass band pipes up at random points in the match.

edit: maybe the bloke chopping up the tree on the side of the pitch with a chainsaw was Portland?? I can't remember.

Yes, the chainsaw thing is Portland

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
I've seen the Houston Dynamo play a couple of seasons back at the BBVA - one of the years when they lost to LA Galaxy in the MLS Cup Final.

One-time Derby player Giles Barnes is plying his trade there. Owen Coyle's the manager.
Think they have a lad from Brighton as their GK coach also. Use to go to BHASVIC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here