Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland season ticket for one adult and one child is just £395

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Sunderland is a relatively low earning community in comparison to Brighton (and Hove actually). And its colder up there. I know where i would want to be and what i would pay for a season ticket

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But only 19 home games rather than 23 so on like for like basis is £478. If still attractive suggest you travel up for each home game

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sunderland is a relatively low earning community in comparison to Brighton (and Hove actually). And its colder up there. I know where i would want to be and what i would pay for a season ticket

They also have over 40,000 seats to sell to people frustrated by several seasons of dismal football and relegation battles. It's a good deal, and I certainly don't begrudge their fans it, but it's simply not going to happen here, at least not for a while.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's also about £2 a pint up there... which makes our season tickets look cheap if you're doing a like for like comparison.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Must be the ceiling price for Sunderland. Possibly the wrong time to promote Adult and Under 16 season tickets.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Match Day Ticket Income at Sunderland is about £16 m compared to about £11m at Brighton. 2013-14 Accounts.

Incomes are less in Sunderland than Brighton coastal bit but not by much, 5% or less.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Match Day Ticket Income at Sunderland is about £16 m compared to about £11m at Brighton. 2013-14 Accounts.

Incomes are less in Sunderland than Brighton coastal bit but not by much, 5% or less.

Sunderland has the second lowest average wage for a city in the Uk. I would guess the difference is much higher than 5% but its an informed hunch. A chunk of the Brighton population work in London, which has average pay c70% higher.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Let's face it, every BPL club could give season tickets away and do very well off the back of TV money. Different universe once you enter the promised land.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Must be the ceiling price for Sunderland. Possibly the wrong time to promote Adult and Under 16 season tickets.

I've heard that they are so cheap because a certain Sunderland player is subsidising the child part of the ticket. No prizes for guessing who!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here