Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train disruption from London tonight?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC favour required Pls! Working in London with limited internet access at mo. Apparently there are some train disruptions between East Croydon and London bridge today which could last until tonight? I was planning to go from London Bridge around 6 to get to the game just in time. Anyone know anything about this pls? Is there an alternative route I could take to be safer? Thanks guys x

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Probably not much help, but on National Rail Enquiries it says this:

A signalling problem between East Croydon and London Bridge is causing the following changes until at least 17:00:
Southern services to and from London Bridge will be delayed by up to 20 minutes.
Thameslink services that run between London Bridge and Brighton will run between East Croydon / Gatwick Airport and Brighton only.

20 mins doesn't sound too bad?

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I just had a google and from what I can see there are overnight closures but not till after 10pm so you should be okay getting down....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trains have been stuffed all through the early afternoon but seem to be getting back to normal slowly now.

I wouldn't leave it as late as 6 though. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I are aiming for the 5:20ish via Lewes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks guys - all v helpful. I assume the Victoria - brighton line is the same line as London bridge to brighton...?

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thanks guys - all v helpful. I assume the Victoria - brighton line is the same line as London bridge to brighton...?

Victoria will be a better bet. I do the London Bridge route every day and I've stayed at home today because I don't trust that route. It's always 50/50 whether you'll get out on time.

A 6pm train from London Bridge and you'd be lucky to get to Brighton by 7.30 no matter what the timetables tell you.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Depends on where the issues are - looking at the journey planner seems like only London Bridge is affected so probably close to there, not Victoria. Could be a safer bet to go round to Victoria (an extra 15 mins perhaps - Jubilee Line from London Bridge to Green Park, Victoria Line the Victoria) and go from there to Lewes or Brighton. Victoria is much more reliable than London Bridge at the moment anyway due to the works at London Bridge - only about 3 years worth left :down:

Edit - cross post with [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] - at least we agree !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Trains have been stuffed all through the early afternoon but seem to be getting back to normal slowly now.

I wouldn't leave it as late as 6 though. [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I are aiming for the 5:20ish via Lewes.

If only I could get away earlier mate :(

If you'd be so kind as to let me know if your journeys ok when ur on there that would be grand.. :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
ALL service SUSPENDED between Victoria and East Croydon due to a person hit by a train at Balham - major disruption expected all evening. If heading South for the game tonight, travelling via Southeastern to Hastings should be an option.

Allow extra time.

Better off using Thameslink Core stations including St Pancras, Farringdon or City Thameslink - Blackfriars and London Bridge will be extremely busy. Tickets being accepted via Thameslink, Southeastern, South West Trains (for travel via Havant to the Coast) and First Great Western (Guildford - Gatwick).

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
ALL service SUSPENDED between Victoria and East Croydon due to a person hit by a train at Balham - major disruption expected all evening. If heading South for the game tonight, travelling via Southeastern to Hastings should be an option.

Allow extra time.

Oh dear :(

Let's hope that doesn't affect London bridge...

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Allow extra time.
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] you're screwed. You'll get there faster if you leave now and hop on one leg all the way to the Amex. Feel for you fella.

Try London Bridge. Sneak out early. Just walk out to the lav at 5.30pm Reginald Perrin style and don't look back. Then hope.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Bridge is your best option as Victoria looks like a nightmare

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Oh dear :(

Let's hope that doesn't affect London bridge...

London Bridge already has a delayed service due to signalling issues and passengers are being sent there - use alternative stations or services where possible. Chances are, the station will face intermittent closures due to overcrowding. If using Southeastern, head to Cannon Street, Charing Cross or Waterloo East as Southeastern arent calling at London Bridge.

Brighton and Hove Buses may also start accepting tickets, if they do, buses from Tunbridge Wells or Uckfield to Brighton may also be an option. Metrobus and London Overground are now also accepting tickets.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] you're screwed. You'll get there faster if you leave now and hop on one leg all the way to the Amex. Feel for you fella.

Try London Bridge. Sneak out early. Just walk out to the lav at 5.30pm Reginald Perrin style and don't look back. Then hope.

This I'm afraid......one of those joyful commuting days. Get out now if you can - will be complete carnage if Victoria has major issues too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Completely stuffed at CJ. May have to give up. Sounds like a different problem at Streatham Common now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Person hit by train in Streatham Common. Nothing moving trains at a standstill. Just overheard a Southern guy say at least an hour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here