Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Mourinho

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
21 trophies in 727 games.

That's equivalent to 1 trophy every 35 games which, whatever you think about him, is unbelievable..
Helps managing big clubs who are backed with billions.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I think he's making it look easy, to be fair. Look at Pelligrini, Mancini, Moyes and so on. None of those are terrible managers and yet don't come close to the procession of trophies that Mourinho, Ferguson (and Wenger up until 10 years ago) have managed.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

And his teams still park the bus. Success at any cost. Some people love it, others choose to play with more style and risk not winning as much. I know which I prefer to watch.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fergie played 1500 and won 38 trophies. An average of 1 trophy every 39 games.

But for the most part all at one club, aside from some scotch trinkets in the monkeytennis highlands league and a Cupwinners Cup

Mourinho has made champions in Portugal, Spain, Italy and England.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But for the most part all at one club, aside from some scotch trinkets in the monkeytennis highlands league and a Cupwinners Cup

I think you're doing Ferguson a disservice by writing off his Scottish successes. Back then, Scotland were a half decent football nation and their league was actually vaguely worthwhile, partly because of him. He won the league up there (and a European trophy) with ABERDEEN. Aberdeen FFS! The league hasn't been won by anyone else except the Old Firm since then.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you're doing Ferguson a disservice by writing off his Scottish successes. Back then, Scotland were a half decent football nation and their league was actually vaguely worthwhile, partly because of him. He won the league up there (and a European trophy) with ABERDEEN. Aberdeen FFS! The league hasn't been won by anyone else except the Old Firm since then.

Well....if I was doing Fergie any kind of a disservice, then I can only reassure you that it was completely deliberate. :)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

But Ferguson turned United round and had European success at a much smaller club. Think Mourinho had less of a standing start.

Still great achievement though - just wish he wouldn't go too far sometimes...

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Albeit this was there squad at the time!

GK 99 Portugal Vítor Baía
RB 22 Portugal Paulo Ferreira
CB 2 Portugal Jorge Costa (c)
CB 4 Portugal Ricardo Carvalho
LB 8 Portugal Nuno Valente
DM 6 Portugal Costinha
RM 23 Portugal Pedro Mendes
LM 18 Portugal Maniche
AM 10 Portugal Deco
CF 19 Brazil Carlos Alberto
CF 11 Brazil Derlei

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports