Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion/Beirne in the Toronto Star...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Interesting article.

It has never really occurred to me that our fan-base is aged/aging...

I wonder how it compares to other clubs. Do those stats exist somewhere?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Interesting article.

I'm not sure we are so much now we are at the Amex, there always seem to be far many more kids around the amex on a match day than many other away ground I have been to recently.

Paulbeirne

Jun 21, 2014
actually this interview occurred a few weeks ago. I have since come to understand that our fanbase is younger than the England average club. My perspective was coloured by my experiences in North America...It isn't a worry to me at all any more. In fact - I see our average age (and age profile overall) as a strength of the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Is that what is being said?

I took it more that in England we have a wider age-range attending games because football is an 'old' sport here - people start going when they're kids and keep going until they drop dead.

It is my perception that as the sport is relatively new in North America older fans would be few and far between as they haven't grown up with football in their lives.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
“Once you’re in the Premier League you are a global brand" :nono:

I want to support my football club, not be a 'consumer' of a "global brand" ta very much.......

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
“Once you’re in the Premier League you are a global brand" :nono: :sick:

I want to support my football club, not be a 'consumer' of a "global brand" ta very much.......

An extra 500 million Albion fans around the world might cause a headache or two for Bozza :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The one comment on that article worries me a bit.

And FWIW, that's pretty much the reaction I saw in the Vancouver media when Barber got his gig here.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What I want to know is what the flying fig is a VP? Not more transatlantic rubbish from the CEO I hope.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What I want to know is what the flying fig is a VP? Not more transatlantic rubbish from the CEO I hope.
On the basis that the article was directed at canadians, I suspect their audience understood the terminology.
I like what he says about Community, I just hope he is able to maintain this 'feel' should we ever get promoted.

Paulbeirne

Jun 21, 2014
not sure if the point got across but it worries me too. I don't believe the "global" thing needs to be a negative thing. But there are other clubs who have leapt into the global market and have forgotten the local community along the way.

There are success stories too. This is a special club, and if we handle things properly we will be one of the success stories.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
not sure if the point got across but it worries me too. I don't believe the "global" thing needs to be a negative thing. But there are other clubs who have leapt into the global market and have forgotten the local community along the way.

There are success stories too. This is a special club, and if we handle things properly we will be one of the success stories.

Paul, its great that your posting on here and clarifying some points, but shouldn't you be straightening some shirts in the store and making Paul Mullen a 'hello to the Amex' Timmy Hortons? :whistle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

VP = Vice President (or think of Nick Clegg polishing David Cameron's shoes in the role of deputy leader in the Coalition :lolol:)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Question for you Paul.

Since we are increasing the canadian connection, can we please get a Tim Hortons drive thru built at the ground? I love them coffee + timbits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here