Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling all guitarists/drummers

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
A friend of mine is in an all female band in the Brighton area and has posted the following on facebook :

New all female Soul/Funk/Disco function band looking for guitarist and drummer. Aged between 20 - 40. Preferably based in or around the Brighton area. If anyone is interested, or knows of anyone who may be, please let me know. Thank you

If anyone is interested please PM me and I will pass on your details

Cheers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you be a 'function' band if you don't have a guitarist and drummer?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well, I for one applaud their "have a go " attitude. It's good to see a group of woman with a little spunk in them. Soon they'll have to settle down and marry and there'll be no time for dabbling with instruments so good for them. Nowt wrong with an all girl group, look at The Spice Girls and we should always treat women as if they were equal. Mind you, I don't think they can really call themselves a band if they don't have a guitarist or stick woman yet. But you go girls.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can you be a 'function' band if you don't have a guitarist and drummer?

Yes - you just have to buy a little box containing loads of computer generated / pre-recorded backing tracks (like a karaoke machine) and dance in front of it holding a microphone. This is then frequently marketed as "Live" music.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Well, I for one applaud their "have a go " attitude. It's good to see a group of woman with a little spunk in them. Soon they'll have to settle down and marry and there'll be no time for dabbling with instruments so good for them. Nowt wrong with an all girl group, look at The Spice Girls and we should always treat women as if they were equal. Mind you, I don't think they can really call themselves a band if they don't have a guitarist or stick woman yet. But you go girls.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here