Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Becky Watts: Body parts found at Bristol house

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have an awful sick feeling, given the number of people involved, this has something more than straight murder to do with it.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
These things generally pass me by. Just another shocking news item. But for some reason, watching the video of her eating (breakfast?) brings me to tears. I've three Daughters so maybe hits home a bit. Such a tragic waste of life.
But yes, with so many involved looks like more to it than a murder.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Poor kid, absolutely awful, did not one of these 5 others arrested not have the strength to say " I'm not going along with this."? I can understand the odd looney/fruit loop murdering from time to time but a group of 7 ? What have we become ?

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
There are some seriously disgusting human beings out there. Can't even describe them as animals as that would be unfair to animals.

It's a crying shame we can't hang them anymore.

RIP little Becky

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
These things generally pass me by. Just another shocking news item. But for some reason, watching the video of her eating (breakfast?) brings me to tears. I've three Daughters so maybe hits home a bit. Such a tragic waste of life.
But yes, with so many involved looks like more to it than a murder.

My daughter is just 10 weeks old and this new story has really hit me hard. I just cannot imagine the how awful this is for the parent and her close family. Utterly depressing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Two arrested suspected of murder and FIVE for covering for them and assisting. WTF is the world coming to ? :rant:

The truth is- despite cases such as this- that it's not actually "coming to" anything. The murder rate in England and Wales has been declining for years, barring the odd spike where someone like Harold Shipman contributes 170 or so poor souls to the list.

What's changed is the media profile of such matters, and the fact that you're far more likely to hear the facts of a case, and to be able to read opinion, conjecture & speculation pertaining to it. People have, sadly, always been unlawfully killed, abused, assaulted and so on, and so it will always be.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
The problem being is that we (as a race) seem incapable of moving on.

The truth is- despite cases such as this- that it's not actually "coming to" anything. The murder rate in England and Wales has been declining for years, barring the odd spike where someone like Harold Shipman contributes 170 or so poor souls to the list.

What's changed is the media profile of such matters, and the fact that you're far more likely to hear the facts of a case, and to be able to read opinion, conjecture & speculation pertaining to it. People have, sadly, always been unlawfully killed, abused, assaulted and so on, and so it will always be.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So do I. This is utterly awful. What is this country coming too.

Poor kid, absolutely awful, did not one of these 5 others arrested not have the strength to say " I'm not going along with this."? I can understand the odd looney/fruit loop murdering from time to time but a group of 7 ? What have we become ?

It's always been the same and always will be. That's not to make light of the situation btw.

Edit: beaten to it by our bastion of the law.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
This is such dreadful news. It doesn't happen too often, but I'm completely and utterly lost for words. I just hope and pray that her death was swift and painless.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
What a sad waste of a young life. Poor girl and my thoughts are with the family.

Did anyone see Crimewatch last night about the Claire Tiltman case? Her poor Mum and Dad were both dead before her killer was brought to justice. I cried thinking about all the heartache they had to endure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here