Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Osborne economics professor quits over video of him ‘smoking crack cocaine’

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
One of Chancellor George Osborne’s senior economics advisers has stepped down after being filmed smoking crack through a Martell cognac bottle.

Professor Douglas McWilliams was filmed slumping on a sofa in a drug stupor after smoking rocks of crack in a north London drugs den.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, a source said, ‘Last Sunday McWilliams turned up at the den around 10pm and was there about a hour and a half. There were two rocks of the drugs. He smoked it over a table and then sat there all spaced out.

‘He was in a suit and started talking about the economy and all that for about 20 minutes. He kept mentioning someone famous he worked with but didn’t make much sense. He was asked if he wanted any more and said, ‘I’ve had too much.’

Professor McWilliams, 63, is to leave his role at the Centre for Economic and Business Research (Cebr) after footage emerged of him apparently smoking crack cocaine in a north London drugs den.

The think tank, which he founded, says he will take a five month ‘sabbatical’ and plans to return to full-time work there in August.

Prof Williams said tonight that he was ‘Taking time off to deal with issues I have not had the chance to address fully when I have been in full time work.’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/02/georg...of-him-smoking-crack-cocaine-5085158/?ito=v-b

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Big deal - at least it shows he's human.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Meh. If it's not impacting upon his work then what is the issue, fair play to the bloke.

Camicus

That explains so much about the economic policy we have had to endure..... If I was filmed smoking crack I would be sacked instantly and arrested.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
One of Chancellor George Osborne’s senior economics advisers has stepped down after being filmed smoking crack through a Martell cognac bottle.

Professor Douglas McWilliams was filmed slumping on a sofa in a drug stupor after smoking rocks of crack in a north London drugs den.

Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, a source said, ‘Last Sunday McWilliams turned up at the den around 10pm and was there about a hour and a half. There were two rocks of the drugs. He smoked it over a table and then sat there all spaced out.

‘He was in a suit and started talking about the economy and all that for about 20 minutes. He kept mentioning someone famous he worked with but didn’t make much sense. He was asked if he wanted any more and said, ‘I’ve had too much.’

Professor McWilliams, 63, is to leave his role at the Centre for Economic and Business Research (Cebr) after footage emerged of him apparently smoking crack cocaine in a north London drugs den.

The think tank, which he founded, says he will take a five month ‘sabbatical’ and plans to return to full-time work there in August.

Prof Williams said tonight that he was ‘Taking time off to deal with issues I have not had the chance to address fully when I have been in full time work.’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/02/georg...of-him-smoking-crack-cocaine-5085158/?ito=v-b

I know someone who knew someone years ago who had a parking ticket.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That explains so much about the economic policy we have had to endure..... If I was filmed smoking crack I would be sacked instantly and arrested.

I wouldn't, but just as well, as I'm a drugs dealer.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its a question of judgement ................................I mean would you want to trust this man with your money,not only doing it be being filmed doing it .............bad judgement or taking the p**s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here