Brighton & Hove Albion vs Derby County *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Kick off: 19:45
Referee: Neil Swarbrick

Brighton will be without Spanish defender Bruno for Tuesday's visit of Derby County. Solly March remains a long term absentee whilst Dale Stephens will be pushing for his first start of the season. Emmanuel Ledesma will be hoping for some game time which up until this point has been non-existent since joining the club on loan from Middlesbrough.

The Rams will be missing several key players including top scorer Chris Martin, on loan striker Darren Bent and midfielder George Thorne.

My prediction? A hard fought 2-2 draw.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good thread. Back to a classic "lucky" starter.

If Bruno out, I say put Calde at right back, with no Martin, Bent or Thorne for them maybe bring Halford in for Dunk or Greer and play CoG, Baldock and CMS from the start and go for it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bruno is ok I think. CMS is a slight doubt though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
2-1 to the Albion ...............................and at last some sweet revenge

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Key fixtures:
Charlton v Nottm Forest
Middlesbrough v Millwall
Rotherham v Cardiff
Watford v Fulham
Bolton v Reading

I've got a nasty feeling Millwall will leave Middlesbrough with a very handy point. Rotherham could win too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ovian Aviation

w599_192209_pmbvidgraphicwithplay.jpg

Sheep is too Large (we're doomed)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm particularly glad to see they're missing Bent - this avoids the application of Murray's Law. But even with Martin out as well they've still got a good few players who can do some damage.

Also if Bruno doesn't make it it's not the end of the world - a simple switch Calde back to RB and bring in Ledesma or Stephens (moving Tex out wide).

Overall though not sure what to expect tonight - I'd hope that we have a proper go. If we suffer from the same recent concentration lapses then they're probably going to punish us so it's going to take a very good performance to get a win tonight.

Can't ****ing wait, anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I see Hughton is quoted as saying they won't change their system with one lone striker no matter that Martin and Bent are both injured. Cue Lingard and Russell up front to run our central defence ragged!!!
If we continue to mimic that with Baldock & CMS this has the makings of an entertaining evening :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Know this isn't the betting thread but Derby at 17/10 look good value... As does Derby and BTTS at 9/2

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
....... if Bruno doesn't make it it's not the end of the world - a simple switch Calde back to RB and bring in Ledesma or Stephens (moving Tex out wide).

Too much tinkering I think.

Move Calde back and bring in Stephens but leave Tex alone - his form as a creative central mid is too good to change it.
Highly unlikely but if you wanted to keep Calde's current eye for a goal you could even play Dale at fullback.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Too much tinkering I think.

Move Calde back and bring in Stephens but leave Tex alone - his form as a creative central mid is too good to change it.
Highly unlikely but if you wanted to keep Calde's current eye for a goal you could even play Dale at fullback.
why is there too much tinkering and i expect 2 changes lua lua for bruno if he doesnt make it and ogrady or best for cms if hes not fit

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
why is there too much tinkering and i expect 2 changes lua lua for bruno if he doesnt make it and ogrady or best for cms if hes not fit

I wait to see LuaLua at right back with interest ???
Let's leave Tex in central midfield though......

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Also if Bruno doesn't make it it's not the end of the world - a simple switch Calde back to RB and bring in Ledesma or Stephens (moving Tex out wide).

Halford could play as Right back if he's fit or possibly Hughes. I wouldn't want to see Calde's role changed as he's been playing really well and I think he has played a massive part in why we have improved recently.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Derby are a good side and will be very well coached. I imagine they will get men behind the ball and look for the counter. I can't see us going all guns blazing attack either, I'm predicting a tight encounter. Not many goals in this match.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Halford could play as Right back if he's fit or possibly Hughes. I wouldn't want to see Calde's role changed as he's been playing really well and I think he has played a massive part in why we have improved recently.

Halford is awful at right back as he has shown when playing against us many times. It is either CB or on the bench for tonight.

I would sooner put Calderon back there and a natural midfielder wide right. Why have we signed Ledesma on loan if we are not going to play him when needed?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I wait to see LuaLua at right back with interest ???
Let's leave Tex in central midfield though......

KLL has played full back before I'm sure and from what I remember he was ok
prefer to see Halford there though and Calde to remain in midfield
tight but a 2-1 win tonight for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here