Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm reading Keith Gillespie's autobiography at the moment, and there's this bit from when they were both at Sheff Utd:

"Warnock had assembled a capable squad, a grounded set of lads. The only exception was Colin Kazim-Richards, a youngster who was a bit of an idiot. He would come into training wearing a t-shirt with a picture of himself on it. Paddy Kenny drew a little moustache on it one day when he was in the showers. He was a cocky little kid. Even when I scored that screamer against Charlton, he ran over to tell me what a fluke it was. Nobody was sad when he left for Turkey."

He used to aggravate the hell out of me. Clearly had talent, but couldn't really be arsed and always seemed to have the attitude that BHA was somehow beneath him. I wasn't sad to see the back of him either.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
While CKR is a bit of a cock lets not forget Keith Gillespie is one as well. Has he mentioned the time Alan Shearer sparked him out on a pre season tour?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm reading Keith Gillespie's autobiography at the moment, and there's this bit from when they were both at Sheff Utd:

"Warnock had assembled a capable squad, a grounded set of lads. The only exception was Colin Kazim-Richards, a youngster who was a bit of an idiot. He would come into training wearing a t-shirt with a picture of himself on it. Paddy Kenny drew a little moustache on it one day when he was in the showers. He was a cocky little kid. Even when I scored that screamer against Charlton, he ran over to tell me what a fluke it was. Nobody was sad when he left for Turkey."

He used to aggravate the hell out of me. Clearly had talent, but couldn't really be arsed and always seemed to have the attitude that BHA was somehow beneath him. I wasn't sad to see the back of him either.

Pretty well sums up what most Brighton fans think of the oik :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
While CKR is a bit of a cock lets not forget Keith Gillespie is one as well. Has he mentioned the time Alan Shearer sparked him out on a pre season tour?

Gillespie is a collosal bellend, that comes across loud and clear in his book. The fact his career ended up in the toilet always seems to be someone elses fault. A manager drops him and the stock response is he goes out on a bender, complete and utter pisshead and an appalling professional. .

Yep, the Shearer story is in there. As usual, Gillespie is pissed and being a knob, annoying Shearer on a team night out in a restaurant by constantly flicking bottle lids at him. Shearer loses his rag and tells him to f-off. Gillespie gets annoyed up and knocks a load of cutlery all over the place, then offers him out. Shearer and him march outside, Gillespie throws a drunken punch which Shearer dodges and in one movement chins him. Gillespie falls back, cracks his head open on a giant pot plant, and wakes up next day in hospital having been out sparko for a day.

He really was a 24 carat knobber. Cracking read though.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's the thing about these books, Gillespie may well be a deeply flawed knobhead but if he has been persuaded to write a book including all the various incidents, often to his own detriment, then it's going to be a million times more interesting than Wayne Rooney's fourth wholly sanitised autobiography. Sounds good, might get it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's the thing about these books, Gillespie may well be a deeply flawed knobhead but if he has been persuaded to write a book including all the various incidents, often to his own detriment, then it's going to be a million times more interesting than Wayne Rooney's fourth wholly sanitised autobiography. Sounds good, might get it.

Its excellent, definitely a warts-and-all account, theres nothing sanitised about it to his credit.

The whole rape allegation thing in La Manga makes for a very interesting read. Even though they were all acquitted, that really did help bollocks his career up.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Who wss it that got quite a panning for saying "Lampard, failed at the World Cup, but wrote a book about it"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here