jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Apparently it is an offence to obstruct emergency workers

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's also an offence to tell a man from Littlehampton, what to do.

Chances are the ambulance crew either:-

Spilt his pint.
Support Liverpool.
Or
were looking at him funny.

Which ever way you slice it, they had it coming.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
" Police is not naming the man because he had not been charged with a criminal offence."

So he could have been charged? And they decided not to?

It's explained in the article.
He wrote a letter apologising for his behaviour after the ambulance crew member asked for the issue to be dealt with by community resolution.

He has also been asked to donate £100 to the Trevor Mann Baby Unit.

He admitted doing wrong, apologised and paid the equivalent of a fine to the Baby unit. It saves clogging up police time with paperwork, and court time.
I should imagine (but don't know) it will stay on record, in a similar way to a caution.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
" Police is not naming the man because he had not been charged with a criminal offence."

So he could have been charged? And they decided not to?

No, the Paramedic asked for the issue to be dealt with by Community Resolution rather than a criminal case being brought against the driver.

-edit- apologies hadn't seen the above replies saying the same thing.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
At the end of the day, regardless of the outcome and the apology, the bloke's behaviour highlights him as a piece of human excrement.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the end of the day, regardless of the outcome and the apology, the bloke's behaviour highlights him as a piece of human excrement.
Or a bloke from Littlehampton, the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A 'community resolution agreement' for a traffic offence should also mean the moron has a 'voluntary' check test....just to make sure he is aware of that little booklet that every road user should know off by heart. This could open a nasty can of worms as road stupidity is not one of my favourite topics.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The van driver is a complete muppet, however consider this.

On an AA forum site.

'You must not break the law to move out of the way for an emergency vehicle, and you will be liable for prosecution if you do. A report in the media some months ago described how a woman driver was picked up by a traffic signal camera. She had moved forwards to clear the path for an ambulance. But she was prosecuted anyhow'.

Still doesn't change the fact the van driver is a muppet!

If it were me I would drive into a fine zone and take the hit.

One day that Ambulance came for me after a heart attack. I'd pay the fine to help someone else

The van driver is a complete muppet, however consider this.

On an AA forum site.

'You must not break the law to move out of the way for an emergency vehicle, and you will be liable for prosecution if you do. A report in the media some months ago described how a woman driver was picked up by a traffic signal camera. She had moved forwards to clear the path for an ambulance. But she was prosecuted anyhow'.

Still doesn't change the fact the van driver is a muppet!

If it were me I would drive into a fine zone and take the hit.

One day that Ambulance came for me after a heart attack. I'd pay the fine to help someone else

I was just trying to clarify this myself. It's an offence to go through a red light unless instructed to by the emergency services and yet it's an offence to obstruct them.

A contradiction surely?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I was just trying to clarify this myself. It's an offence to go through a red light unless instructed to by the emergency services and yet it's an offence to obstruct them.

A contradiction surely?

Could be construed that way I guess.

Its not an offence (to obstruct) if it means you will have to break the law to move. You should STAY still. They have the legal right to go around (opposite side) of red lights etc,
YOU don't.

However, as said if there was no choice, I'd do it anyway and take the rap!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here