Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MANAGERS' VIEWS: HUGHTON AND LENNON

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Bolton Wanderers manager NEIL LENNON was delighted to end a run of three consecutive defeats and was thrilled for Zach Clough, after the young forward scored the decisive goal of the match.
He told bwfc.co.uk, “I think it’s a deserved victory. The first half was a little bit cagey and we had to rely on Ben to make a fine save early on.
“We edged our way into the game, and in the second half we were a lot better. We took the game to Brighton and on the counter attack scored a great goal. We could have had a few more if we’d have really gone for it.
“Whilst the game could have gone either way, I felt we dominated the majority of the second half. We knew the first goal would be important – once we got that it really settled us down.
“It wasn’t an easy finish for Zach, but he took it really well. He took the shot on early, and often when you do that you can sometimes catch the goalkeeper flat-footed.
“Zach is a fantastic young player, but we must remember it is still very early in his career. He didn’t have the best of games today, but ended up scoring the match-winning goal.
“It was good win and much needed. Previously, it was the first time in my managerial career that I had lost three games on the spin. It’s good to have halted that run.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion manager CHRIS HUGHTON felt his side did enough to win the game, but we're only undone by a moment of class from Zach Clough.

He said, “We had a period where I didn’t think we were going to concede and it was going to be that one team that showed that little bit of quality to turn the game in their favour.
“I thought we had some decent chances and maybe should’ve made more of the time during the first half when we broke really well, but it was one real bit of quality that’s changed the game.
“It’s disappointing because we probably didn’t reach the heights - certainly in front of goal compared to the last couple of games - and we probably lacked that little bit of spark that we had in the last couple of games.
“When you’re away from home, the games become tougher and this is a tough place to come to. I thought there were small margins the game; I certainly don’t think Bolton were any better than us today, they just got the break when it counted.
“They defended well, got in a lot of blocks in and the keeper has made a couple of saves. We also got into a couple of areas where we needed to work him a little bit better.
“You have to move on now because we have got another game in three days’ time. We had a game three-and-a-half days ago and another game three-and-half days before that, so you can’t afford to dwell on the results and the results are going to be up and down.”[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH CITY
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here