Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Post: 'Outstanding' McCourt debut for Notts County leaves everyone drooling...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good luck to him. He didn't get much of a shout down here, did he? Did he ever actually play once CH had got the team organised?

Ultimately he'll be regarded as one of our summer panic buys. "Judge us in September." Pffff.....

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I still feel he could have offered something from the bench but in a relegation scrap you need 11 players who can all dig in and stay disciplined to team orders, presumably Hughton wasn't convinced he could do that.

It's a shame as there is no doubt some of his cameos under Hypia brightened up some really dire afternoons.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nearly as bad as The Arsegas

On-loan winger Paddy McCourt caught the eye on his home debut for Notts County, despite the 1-0 defeat to Port Vale.

Paddy McCourt's gruff Irish exterior is far removed from the beautiful nature of his football which was showcased in a quite mesmerising performance in the 2-1 defeat to Port Vale.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
One good performance for a middling League One side that went on to lose... Bring him back immediately! Build a team around him!

Glad he's doing well, but I'm in no doubt we have better options already here.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The second thread the OP has started on the same subject on the same day.

'ejit' is an Irish slang term, is it not? So 'Buckeejit', for what it's worth I thought you were a pretty decent footballer at times. Just not enough of the time!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
When (if) we're safe, with a game or so to spare, I'd like to see him back and see if he can unlock defences like Tex can. When we inevitably don't sign Tex, a player like McCourt could be really useful.

I guess it all comes down to what CH's summer plans are, but you think he'd like to what McCourt has to offer,

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
When (if) we're safe, with a game or so to spare, I'd like to see him back and see if he can unlock defences like Tex can. When we inevitably don't sign Tex, a player like McCourt could be really useful.

I guess it all comes down to what CH's summer plans are, but you think he'd like to what McCourt has to offer,

McCourt offers nothing to a team which is why nobody was interested in signing in apart from us

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I would genuinely be shocked if McCourt gets an extension on his contract in the summer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good to see Notts County fans appreciate Paddy's magic feet. Its little glimmers of skill like Paddy's that make you feel glad you came to the game.. Never got a proper run-out at the Albion. Our loss for the rest of the season and probably beyond. Paddy is a class act.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
For me McCourt is like having the modern equivalent of George Best in your squad but because genius usually comes with some side effect -in Paddy's case probably some kind of unwillingness to get oober fit and eat pasta salad, although I don't know for sure -it is the negative thing that the managers focus on.

Give him a ball and let him play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here