Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

our traveller "fiends"

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
anyone see about 40 horses and carts racing along the coast road from west at lunchtime today totally ignoring traffic at Palace Pier roundabout?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
anyone see about 40 horses and carts racing along the coast road from west at lunchtime today totally ignoring traffic at Palace Pier roundabout?
How did they get horses on bicycles?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You must have been dreaming, no one ' races ' along that stretch of road, especially at the weekend. :)

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You must have been dreaming, no one ' races ' along that stretch of road, especially at the weekend. :)

believe me they were. Cars just pulled over and not a copper in sight. Total disregard for the law and safety of 1000s of people

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
believe me they were. Cars just pulled over and not a copper in sight. Total disregard for the law and safety of 1000s of people

Unbelievable, I have seen them racing in Kent near The Hop Farm, a big mob of pik..... Sorry traveling people :whistle: blocked off the road at a roundabout and there was a race.

Expect to see it in Kent though ,not Brighton Seafront.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Um, I live on Marine Parade and those dudes in "pony and trap" vehicles (I've seen between two and seven individual 'vehicles' rather than the bigger numbers quoted) have been going past once or twice a day for a couple of weeks now. They're not "racing" nor are they doing anyone any harm. They add a bit of colour to the town, and if they cause car users to slow down that's generally a good thing, surely?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can assure you there were many more today. It took a few minutes for them to pass and at times they were two and three abreast, and yes they were racing.

Colourful maybe but: licenced probably not, dangerous yes, and respectful of our roads and traffic laws definitely no.

Don't know where they came from or where they went but nothing about them seemed legal.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
There were no more than 10 as I passed them heading west between Aldrington Basin and the King Alfred. By the way it isn't illegal to drive a pony and trap on the road. Personally couldn't tell if they were racing or not.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can't be true, just checked the Argus website and no mention so couldn't have happened, Shirley.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here