Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Forgive me if already common knowledge but I was talking to Paul Barber and apparently GM was all set to return. Earlier this season terms had been agreed but Hyppia didn't want him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 10, 2003
Deepsea.JPG

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Terms were agreed before Hyppia arrived and then when he did he stopped the deal. This would have been preseason. No fishing just relaying what PB told me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hyypia, worst Brighton manager I have ever seen, going back to 1975. Actively disliked the guy and his shit passionless demeanour and gormless boring post match waffle. Grrrr

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Looks like you've missed the boat on that one .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Terms were agreed before Hyppia arrived and then when he did he stopped the deal. This would have been preseason. No fishing just relaying what PB told me.

You mean whilst we still had Leo Ulloa? Righty oh.
It also puzzles me why Paul Barber would tell you, when he tells everyone else that transfer dealings are confidential.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It also puzzles me why Paul Barber would tell you, when he tells everyone else that transfer dealings are confidential.

We all knew Ulloa was going, makes sense Murray would have been a perfect, possibly better, replacement. But I tend to agree about Barber just letting things like that slip in casual conversation.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just got a text from Andy Naylor, he's allegedly heard that Robbie Savage wants to becomes Brightons ambassador for all things that are horse :shit:
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

top debunking. also, before Hyypia would hardly be earlier this season, it would have been the end of last season. i dont understand why those inventing stories dont spend a few minutes checking it will work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Prefer CMS myself OP :thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Heard you were in for him in January, but Pardew told him he wanted him to stay, and gave him an extended contract.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Heard you were in for him in January, but Pardew told him he wanted him to stay, and gave him an extended contract.

This is correct,we were after him,we had talks and it was close,but as soon as pardew went to you,it all changed as pardew called it off as he wanted to lo8k at him for a few games,2 posters on here know him well and they told me

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

We were set to swap Murray for Hoskins at the start of the season under Oscar but it was cancelled when Hoskins got injured in training. We still had Ulloa then as well. Although I agree with the line about Barber telling anyone, the club have always played most transfer dealings very close to their chests.

It was reported we were interested but that interest became less once it became apparent he'd only be available on an emergency loan having already played for Palace and Reading this season. This was before his new contract etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here