Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ireland v England - Rugby Union

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Really looking forward to this one today, should be a cracker.

Ireland are very strong at home and it'll take an impressive performance from England to win this. If they do they will probably be thought of as favourites for the World Cup.

Ireland on the other hand, if they win this and then beat Wales (who are improving throughout the tournament again) in Cardiff, will be thought of as favourites as they are on an incredible unbeaten run against the best in the world.

The match to see who wins the Six Nations.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm confused why they decided to put it on (or the Football league) at the same time as the final?

It seems like poor planning.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i can see this game being won in the last couple of minutes by a drop goal or pen

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I hope that they put in a better performance than the other England national team that played overnight and are being suitably ignored on NSC this morning...

They only merit a comment when they do something unexpected...

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I think england looked weak in the defensive organisation against Italy which hopefully is a good thing, as today they will be stronger. Ireland have looked pretty average so far this 6 nations which will probably change today. All in all should be a cracker!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
H
Really looking forward to this one today, should be a cracker.

Ireland are very strong at home and it'll take an impressive performance from England to win this. If they do they will probably be thought of as favourites for the World Cup.

Ireland on the other hand, if they win this and then beat Wales (who are improving throughout the tournament again) in Cardiff, will be thought of as favourites as they are on an incredible unbeaten run against the best in the world.

The match to see who wins the Six Nations.

I think we are certainly in with a shout in the World Cup but can't see that we will become favourites even if we hammered Ireland. The All Blacks will remain very strong favourites imo regardless

Really looking forward to today's game , impossible to call though

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
the first 20 minutes could be crucial for England,I think that's Ireland's best chance today,early points because if England do get a foothold in the match,they're be hard to stop

If England are within a score at half time,I think they're go on and win

I can see Ireland starting fast maybe score 10 points or so,then England coming back,will Ireland be able to hold on,maybe relying on penalties to keep their noses in front

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brown will be a BIG miss. He was immense against Wales, and this will be a similar game. If England keep their discipline and don't concede cheap penalties for Sexton to rack up the points, I think they'll win.

Irish beats the London for me on this one

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brown will be a BIG miss. He was immense against Wales, and this will be a similar game. If England keep their discipline and don't concede cheap penalties for Sexton to rack up the points, I think they'll win.

Alex Goode is an able replacement. Kicks a lot more, but England have been doing a lot of that this year.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Lots of problems at the breakdown here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ireland much the better side at the moment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here