Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good debut for Paddy at Notts County...

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
From match report:

"Notts responded magnificently and through the brilliance of Paddy McCourt created several chances.The best of which fell to Garry Thompson who was played in by the Northern Ireland international but failed to produce enough contact to level up the scores."

... nice reminder of the creativity of Paddy and hope he continues to be given regular match time which earns him a place in Northern Ireland's Euro campaign...

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
From match report:

"Notts responded magnificently and through the brilliance of Paddy McCourt created several chances.The best of which fell to Garry Thompson who was played in by the Northern Ireland international but failed to produce enough contact to level up the scores."

... nice reminder of the creativity of Paddy and hope he continues to be given regular match time which earns him a place in Northern Ireland's Euro campaign...

Paddy McCourt! Remember when people used to chant for him to come on, then he'd do almost nothing?! Can see NI going really far in the Euros with Paddy in the team

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The sponsors gave him the man of the match award. Was it a bottle of meths ???

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Be delighted to see him off the wage bill along with a few others. We need much better players if we want to go up

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If you judge Paddy on his goals, assists, commitment and tracking back; Notts County is his level.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Daft signing by the Albion, he is not up to playing at this level for more than about five minutes.

Still find it hard to believe that he was championed by so many NSCers as a player who should be playing as a first choice.

Best he did for us was help talk Kayal into signing.

Last edited:

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
From the Notts County equivalent of NSC:

"McCourt was a revelation, MOM by a mile. Nearly all of our attacking threat came from him, and some of his incisive through balls were what we've been lacking all season."

"Showed more creativity/imagination/incisiveness in 90 mins than just about everyone else put together in 32 games"

"Best player on the pitch by miles. Well done Notts for getting him on board."

"He was the best player on the pitch in my opinion. He runs at defenders with the ball, takes men on and beats them and threads the ball through gaps in the box perfectly to his team-mates. He is a class player. He must frighten defences to death. An excellent debut and certainly a player we definitely need and one of the positives to come out of today."

Okay, Paddy divides opinion amongst us but surely such comments serve as a reminder that he is a real talent and certainly not deserving of the snidey slaggings-off he's got on here...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
From the Notts County equivalent of NSC:

"McCourt was a revelation, MOM by a mile. Nearly all of our attacking threat came from him, and some of his incisive through balls were what we've been lacking all season."

"Showed more creativity/imagination/incisiveness in 90 mins than just about everyone else put together in 32 games"

"Best player on the pitch by miles. Well done Notts for getting him on board."

"He was the best player on the pitch in my opinion. He runs at defenders with the ball, takes men on and beats them and threads the ball through gaps in the box perfectly to his team-mates. He is a class player. He must frighten defences to death. An excellent debut and certainly a player we definitely need and one of the positives to come out of today."

Okay, Paddy divides opinion amongst us but surely such comments serve as a reminder that he is a real talent and certainly not deserving of the snidey slaggings-off he's got on here...

Well no, l don't think he is a 'real talent'. Ok, so on occasion he can come up with the goods at lower League One level, but that's not nearly the same thing as performing consistently over a season in the hurly-burly that is the Championship.

His contract is only for one season. I for one would be happy to wave him goodbye in the summer.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Best thing i can say is he is an enigma, i imagine he would have suited a top team playing in this league where he would have come on in the later stages of a match already won and his skills would keep bums on seats, entertained, created chances and excitement, unfortunately this was not us this year, shame really as we have missed out due mainly to the ineptitude of our managerial choices in the early part of this season.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm very much a Paddy supporter.

Any player that runs at opponents is dangerous, particularly if he has the ability to pull it off, which he did for us on several occasions. It feels like there are a few on here who have a selective memory, several times he put dangerous balls into the area only for the forwards to stand still and admire them. In terms of chasing back, he was certainly no worse than Texeirra, though Tex has begun to add that to his game.

I really don't feel he was given a decent opportunity, and given we were creating next to nothing, it is difficult to understand why.

Perhaps a waste of wages/perhaps not, but given the lack of chances he was given, we'll never know.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm very much a Paddy supporter.

Any player that runs at opponents is dangerous, particularly if he has the ability to pull it off, which he did for us on several occasions. It feels like there are a few on here who have a selective memory, several times he put dangerous balls into the area only for the forwards to stand still and admire them. In terms of chasing back, he was certainly no worse than Texeirra, though Tex has begun to add that to his game.

I really don't feel he was given a decent opportunity, and given we were creating next to nothing, it is difficult to understand why.

Perhaps a waste of wages/perhaps not, but given the lack of chances he was given, we'll never know.
Sorry I disagree with everything you have put. He flattered to decieve, sure he glides with the ball but I can honestly say even in the games we did see him, I don't remember him creating anything.

And comparing his work rate to Texeira's is comical, Tex works 50x harder than McCourt does, people need to realise the difference in defensive abilities of teams in league one and the championship is huge, CMS score absolute bucket loads at that level.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Love Paddy. Shame some people of here seem to think we are too good for some players. Don't forget where we are in the league.

I always felt he actually did do something when he came on the pitch - his last act for us was salvaging that draw against Reading, after all.

I would have kept him as a squad impact player - but clearly there is more to his situation than meets the eye and I respect Hughton's decision.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sami thought he was good enough to include in his 18 on a matchday whereas Hughton thinks he isn't good enough for the reserves. Another panic buy on the advice of David Burke.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
He certainly has talent, but was born 20 years too late. These days to perform in any of the higher leagues you also need to be a significant athlete in addition to having the talent to survive. Sadly Paddy wasn't, but he will put bums on seats in the lower leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here