Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I re heat a cooked Tescos chicken for my roast tomorrow .....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yes you can

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Should be ok if you take all the meat off and discard the carcass before putting the meat in the microwave to irradiate any bacteria. Don't reheat the bird in an oven unless you want to get through a dozen toilet rolls in 72 hours.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes but make sure it's well heated. I'd do it one of two ways if I were you :

1. Put in a baking dish and cover with foil. Heat on a medium temperature. Slowly is better.
2. Take the meat off the bone and heat in the microwave. Make sure you cover it to try and retain the moisture.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
You should only reheat chicken once, so if you are sure it's cooked only once at Tesco you should be OK. Needs to be chilled as soon as possible when you get it home. Needs to be reheated to 75 c all the way through. Your trouble wil be reheating it without it drying out. Personally I would not bother, unless you cut it up into small segments when reheating.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yes you can if refrigerated. Buy a precooked and chilled chicken though not one from the hot counter
There is always a risk of bacterial food poisoning especially with chicken but if it has been thoroughly cooked and chilled then maintained at below 5C (as it will have been if bought from the cold counters) it is as safe as you can be - probably more so than one you buy and cook yourself.
remember to cook thoroughly so it is piping hot right through. Warm is never enough!
A chicken from the hot counter, if you reheat it, has a greater chance of both salmonella or campylobacter developing during the period between you buying hot and getting it down to a temperature where bacterial growth is stopped. Not guaranteed to give you a gippy tummy but more risk and one you can easily avoid.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Yes but make sure it's well heated. I'd do it one of two ways if I were you :

1. Put in a baking dish and cover with foil. Heat on a medium temperature. Slowly is better.
2. Take the meat off the bone and heat in the microwave. Make sure you cover it to try and retain the moisture.

I should have added, when you put it in the microwave make sure you cover it in foil :thumbsup:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thread title is very Accidental Partridge.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
Yes of course, also cook some rice now and have that re-heated to save time.

Naughty Hillian1 - you forgot to mention that already cooked rice needs re-heating to a warm temperature twice to avoid food poisoning. So re-heat once to about 25C degrees and then leave to cool. Then reheat again to 25C degrees and eat.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah just bung it in the microwave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here