Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only person who thinks doing the ring of fire is unoriginal AND annoying?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No.

But if it gets the old gits around me joining in a bit I grudgingly accept it.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Noise is noise.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

It's a bit pony but any things better than that nelly the elephant nonsense that some knobheads started at orient a while back that seemed to catch on.

That was wrong on so many levels.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
You are not alone

But I will join in - actually around me it's nice for there to be something I don't have to start or join in if I don't want to

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It works as a sort of atmosphere bit of kindling, once it starts it often leads to another song,....... I think it would look great once more scarf's or flags get twirled, its a bit patchy at the moment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Find it mildly annoying that the kick-off gets delayed for Ring Of Fire, and that it seems to be at the expense of announcing who's on the bench. Bit out of order when it starts actively encroaching on the game you've come to watch. Don't see why it can't just be part of fanzone and then started up during the game like any other football song.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Find it mildly annoying that the kick-off gets delayed for Ring Of Fire, and that it seems to be at the expense of announcing who's on the bench. Bit out of order when it starts actively encroaching on the game you've come to watch. Don't see why it can't just be part of fanzone and then started up during the game like any other football song.

But this means we have some atmosphere to take into the kickoff, the crowd starting the game on the front foot.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But this means we have some atmosphere to take into the kickoff, the crowd starting the game on the front foot.

For sure that's a good thing. Shouldn't have the referee standing around waiting for the thing to finish though, before he can start the game. Would imagine the League will be having a quiet word about that.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

But it doesn't delay kick off, any delay is down to the ref. At the Withdean, we very rarely kicked off on time and we certainly didn't have Ring of Fire then.
The ref doesn't wait for it too finish, when he blows to start the game the music is quickly faded out.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For sure that's a good thing. Shouldn't have the referee standing around waiting for the thing to finish though, before he can start the game. Would imagine the League will be having a quiet word about that.

I like that the opposition has to wait for our huddle and RoF, stops them getting in the zone and shutting the crowd out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But it doesn't delay kick off, any delay is down to the ref. At the Withdean, we very rarely kicked off on time and we certainly didn't have Ring of Fire then.
The ref doesn't wait for it too finish, when he blows to start the game the music is quickly faded out.

Indeed. It also annoys the other team having a holy huddle, if there's a lot of noise.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
For me it works better away. Several reasons, more concentrated singing, the return vocal and the banging on the back of the corrugated stands.

I get stuck in away, home is a little less energetic

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It goes down well in the ESU. If you can get us animated don't knock it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here