Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
We've all given up the booze.

Dry is the new black :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
A couple of Goose Island IPAs followed by a couple of generous Bookers. Accompanied with a bar of fruit and nut, and a movie called Automata, all of which I've thoroughly enjoyed.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ain't that the truth. 51/54 days dry for me since January 4th.

:thumbsup:

The first week or so was the toughest for me (starting mid-Nov last year) but I honestly don't miss it now. If I feel like an occasional beer I'll have one, but more often than not I don't really feel like it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
image.jpgimage.jpg
We've all given up the booze.

Dry is the new black :)

I will never catch on

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

The first week or so was the toughest for me (starting mid-Nov last year) but I honestly don't miss it now. If I feel like an occasional beer I'll have one, but more often than not I don't really feel like it.

It illustrates that, for me at least, it was a habit. I would drink most nights - not big volumes, but now it doesn't even cross my mind.

I feel slightly guilty as I received a Ginvent calendar - https://www.masterofmalt.com/gin/dr...KzsFt7fM9UOssIrM0RgogZZjquBFE5iI9QxoC-uTw_wcB - as a Christmas present and it's not been touched. I'm not sure when I will either.

(I feel even more guilty now I've seen how much it cost!)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tonight was a case of...

def Activity()
{
if (Friday == true && HomeAlone == true && PayDay == true)
{
Beer = true;
Curry = true;
}
return Beer+Curry;
}

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mainly clays, and pretty much only sporting but am quite partial to the skeet range these days.
I love the simulated game days too, off to Firle on one in the spring.

Pretty much the same, involved with a pub club in West Chiltington, but also a member down at Southdown, and go to other clubs around the localish area from time to time. Never done a simulated day, does sound like fun though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Quite similar here. I can't say there's been any sort of conscious crusade to give it up on my part, but I've (disappointingly) found that the older I get, the more alcohol affects me, particularly the morning after. I feel like I know about it the next day even if I've only had a couple of glasses of wine. Hangovers, meanwhile, are absolute shockers. And I can't be arsed with that, so for a few months now, I've only drunk either at Albion games, or when out for the evening, birthdays and so on (and obviously Christmas). I've no idea when I last drank anything at home for the sake of it. Previously, I might have had a glass after dinner a couple of nights a week. I occasionally consider it, but so far on every occasion, have concluded that I can't be bothered, and ended up drinking water or tea or whatever.

I'm always pleased about it the next day :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quite similar here. I can't say there's been any sort of conscious crusade to give it up on my part, but I've (disappointingly) found that the older I get, the more alcohol affects me, particularly the morning after. I feel like I know about it the next day even if I've only had a couple of glasses of wine. Hangovers, meanwhile, are absolute shockers. And I can't be arsed with that, so for a few months now, I've only drunk either at Albion games, or when out for the evening, birthdays and so on (and obviously Christmas). I've no idea when I last drank anything at home for the sake of it. Previously, I might have had a glass after dinner a couple of nights a week. I occasionally consider it, but so far on every occasion, have concluded that I can't be bothered, and ended up drinking water or tea or whatever.

I'm always pleased about it the next day :thumbsup:

That almost mirrors my experience and motivations 100%.
The last hangover I had (and I'd only had a few beers at a leaving do one Saturday night and then a couple more when I got home) was horrendous. Not made better by my daughter playing the soundtrack to 'Frozen' all Sunday on volume 11. By 9pm Sunday night I still had a pounding head, so for me - that was that.

And as you say, the next day feels great.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Having only just managed to spot Bozza (on account of him being so slender now) on Saturday evening and listening to his tale of steely determination to cut back on the booze, albeit delivered through the mists of a cider induced alcoholic haze, I have determined to cut back massively on my alcohol intake too. I havent touched a drop since Saturday, although in fairness I had enough on Saturday to aggregate out a fairly hefty consumption level over the following days!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That almost mirrors my experience and motivations 100%.
The last hangover I had (and I'd only had a few beers at a leaving do one Saturday night and then a couple more when I got home) was horrendous. Not made better by my daughter playing the soundtrack to 'Frozen' all Sunday on volume 11. By 9pm Sunday night I still had a pounding head, so for me - that was that.

And as you say, the next day feels great.

Imagine how shocked the 21yr old me would be to think of myself being pleased the next day that I'd not drunk the night before :lol:

I feel like I need to drink occasionally now (ie at the Albion etc) just to make sure I don't accidentally end up teetotal. I don't want to completely lose the ability to consume alcohol (or, more accurately, turn into my mother) :ohmy:

Sorry, Mum :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here