Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bolton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion- Championship 28.02.15 **Official Match Thread**

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Bolton Wanderers v Brighton & Hove Albion- Championship 28.02.15 **Official Match Thread**

Bolton Wanderers.jpg Brighton & Hove Albion.jpg

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP

Venue: Macron Stadium Date: Saturday 28 February Kick-off: 15:00 GMT

Coverage: Watch highlights on The Football League Show; listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

Officials:

Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistant Referees: Mark Jones, Richard Wild
Fourth Official: Philip Gibbs

See: http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2015/02/26/whitestone-to-referee-bolton-v-brighton-hove-albion.html

The Albion and Bolton Wanderers meet for only the 18th time in their competitive history at the Macron Stadium this Saturday, and many Albion fans will have seen more than half of those.

Albion’s record in Lancashire is fairly impressive, their only league defeat coming in March 2013. The Seagulls overall league record at Bolton is one of three wins, two draws, and one defeat.

So how do the omens look this season ?

Wanderers have lost on four occasions at home this season, that being to Derby County, Middlesbrough, Bournemouth and Watford. All of whom occupy places in the top six. Their record against teams below is impressive, being formed of seven wins and four draws. So can Albion buck the trend ?

With back to back league wins, the first time since August, and renewed confidence in the team, many of us will be hoping for a continuation of form.

Historical Match Facts:

The Albion played Bolton Wanderers in their second home match in the 1979/80 season winning 3-1. It was their first ever win in the top flight.

Albion have done the double on three occasions, and every time they have beaten Bolton Wanderers in the league at home, they have also beaten them away.

Latest Form:

Bolton Wanderers

24.02.2015- L- Middlesbrough -A- 0-1
21.02.2015- L- Nottingham Forest -A- 1-4
14.02.2015- L- Watford -H- 3-4
10.02.2015- L- Fulham -H- 3-1
07.02.2015- L- Derby County -A- 1-4
04.02.2015- C- Liverpool -H- 1-2
31.01.2015- L- Wolves -H- 2-2
27.01.2015- L- Rotherham United -A- 2-4
24.01.2015- C- Liverpool -A- 0-0

Brighton & Hove Albion

24.02.2015-L- Leeds United -H-2-0
21.02.2015-L- Birmingham City -H-4-3
14.02.2015-L- Sheffield Wed -A-0-0
10.02.2015-L- Cardiff City -A-0-0
07.02.2015-L- Nottingham Forest -H-2-3
31.01.2015-L- Blackpool -A-0-1
25.01.2015-C- Arsenal -H-2-3
21.01.2015-L- Ipswich Town -H-3-2

Team news (Source Sky Sports):

Ben Amos will start in goal for Bolton again against Brighton at the Macron Stadium.

The Manchester United loanee was given the nod in midweek at Middlesbrough because Andy Lonergan was suffering with concussion and the former Leeds stopper is still getting headaches, leaving Amos to fill the void once more.
Tim Ream (back) will train on Friday with a view to being involved, though, while fellow defender Matt Mills is available again having served a one-match suspension.

Striker Craig Davies (hamstring) is expected to return to training next week, but the likes of Mark Davies (knee), Darren Pratley (hamstring), Adam Bogdan (ankle), Max Clayton (knee) and Liam Trotter (thigh) are also absent.
Brighton should have Greg Halford available as they look to extend their unbeaten run to five games.

Halford has missed the 4-3 win over Birmingham and the 2-0 victory against Leeds with a knock but Albion manager Chris Hughton confirmed the versatile defender had trained during the week and is in his thoughts for the trip north.
Kemy Agustien has had surgery on a thigh problem while fellow midfielder Andrew Crofts (knee) and winger Solly March (calf) remain sidelined.

On-loan midfielder Emmanuel Ledesma has still not made his debut since joining from Middlesbrough and could have to settle for a third game on the bench.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
*** Who are the Officials? ***

Versus = vs

I don't mind an early pre-match thread.

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014
Versus = vs

I don't mind an early pre-match thread.

I couldn't seem to get the 'V' into even line with badges, and it was setting off my obsessive nature.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear, doesn't fit very well in the new format - badges all over the place. Might have looked OK on classic.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

We had a very good team in the away match last year.

Match threads are not so easy to do without getting something wrong. Badges are tricky to line up. That's why I'd sooner Dick Head did them. Saves me the trouble.​

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We had a very good team in the away match last year.

Match threads are not so easy to do without getting something wrong. Badges are tricky to line up. That's why I'd sooner Dick Head did them. Saves me the trouble.​

Once we scored the second goal , the stadium emptied very quickly and the home fans to our right displayed the "Freedman Out" banners.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Bolton seem to have a good home record. But how much of this is due to Lonergan and Bogdan with 60 saves a on their home ground this season? cf. Albion fans have only seen 30 saves by Stockdale and Walton at the Amex.

Liverpool struggled to beat Bolton there. Only Derby 0-2 have won by more than single goal so any hopes of going immediately into a plus goal difference seems unlikely. Currently -4. A repeat of last season would be good, but the goalscorer is no longer with us! One quick right footer and the second with left foot, with Tomasz Kuszczak having a busy afternoon.

Brighton have conceded only 12 goals in their 17 league away games - the fewest in the Championship. And 3 were in the first 20 minutes against Derby (beginning of December, last time we conceded an away goal from open play). Otherwise it would be 9 goals in 16 matches. So form says Bolton have only a 56.25% chance of scoring. But that will not stop them expecting to score, will it?

Or since Hyypia left we have only conceded one goal in six away games so that is a 16.6% chance of them scoring. That goal was the win assisted free kick against Blackpool. 0% form stats from a goal from open play conceded (current form: last six away games).

Last edited:

Eeyore

Apr 5, 2014

Bolton seem to have a good home record. But how much of this is due to Lonergan and Bogdan with 60 saves a on their home ground this season? cf. Albion fans have only seen 30 saves by Stockdale and Walton at the Amex.

Liverpool struggled to beat Bolton there. Only Derby 0-2 have won by more than single goal so any hopes of going immediately into a plus goal difference seems unlikely. Currently -4. A repeat of last season would be good, but the goalscorer is no longer with us! One quick right footer and the second with left foot, with Tomasz Kuszczak having a busy afternoon.

Brighton have conceded only 12 goals in their 17 league away games - the fewest in the Championship. And 3 were in the first 20 minutes against Derby (beginning of December, last time we conceded an away goal from open play). Otherwise it would be 9 goals in 16 matches. So form says Bolton have only a 56.25% chance of scoring. But that will not stop them expecting to score, will it?

Or since Hyypia left we have only conceded one goal in six away games so that is a 16.6% chance of them scoring. That goal was the win assisted free kick against Blackpool. 0% form stats from a goal from open play conceded (current form).

Those are my kind of stats. :bowdown:

There is a glaring error in my research. I'm surprised no-one has spotted it yet.

Last edited:

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
That's an impressive stat of only conceding 1 in the last 6 aways ( have you played anyone decent ? ) but we're not bad at home & young Clough is becoming quite a threat. No match prediction...the bookies love me....but whatever, i expect we'll be playing each other in the same league next season.

Have a safe journey anyone coming up, & good luck to anyone on the train....replacement buses are never a good thing.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here