Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] chicksen and fenelon have both gone out on loan

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if that might be the last we see of both of them? I cannot see how either of them are going to make the breakthrough on the 1st team performances I have seen from them...

That would be my guess to be honest. Think they have been loaned out to clubs at the right level,

I wish them all the best.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good move. Much rather see our fringe players getting proper game time under their belts then reserve football.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Think Chicksen does have a bit of talent from what ive seen of him, but for the position, he seems too lightweight..

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Chicksen doesn't seem to have that grit and toughness to play at left back yet.

It makes sense to keep loaning him out to the more physical divisions. Same applies for Fenelon.

Toughen these players up and see what sort of players they might develop into. Too early to write them off.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Chicksen doesn't seem to have that grit and toughness to play at left back yet.

It makes sense to keep loaning him out to the more physical divisions. Same applies for Fenelon.

Toughen these players up and see what sort of players they might develop into. Too early to write them off.

Does Bennett?- he is too lightweight, and does not possess grit, although figures and plays left back.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Does Bennett?- he is too lightweight, and does not possess grit, although figures and plays left back.

Bennett's willing to run at players. He has enough fire in his tank to take a tough challenge. Chicksen currently looks like a rabbit in the lights when he's on the ball. He needs more experience.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good, just as it should be. I'm surprised, though, that Fenelon isn't back at Tranmere - I thought he was quite highly rated there.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Bennett's willing to run at players. He has enough fire in his tank to take a tough challenge. Chicksen currently looks like a rabbit in the lights when he's on the ball. He needs more experience.

Chicksen did not shrug a challenge. A Left back to me is getting down the wing and delivering a cross - not often has bennett delivered that home and away. Although to be fair the strip of grass down the left wing beneath the east stand lower is lush green and gets little use!
Defensively Bennett not great though hey.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Chicksen did not shrug a challenge. A Left back to me is getting down the wing and delivering a cross - not often has bennett delivered that home and away. Although to be fair the strip of grass down the left wing beneath the east stand lower is lush green and gets little use!

Agreed, he's not a defensive master-class. His major strengths are going forward. He's more of a wing back than left back.

He's much better attacking wise than Chicksen.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Great observation, we've thought that about the left wing heading into the south stand for years, Bridge got tired of waving his arms and never getting the ball, then Ward was treated the same whilst standing in acres of space and now its Bennett. We were going to have a whip round to buy them a deck chair they have so much space, but never get picked out. In response to Bennet v Chicksen, I see them both with a similar physique and feel that Bennett is not as good as many think, Chicksen will be a great prospect and contrary to others I feel he has played well when I have seen him.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Great observation, we've thought that about the left wing heading into the south stand for years, Bridge got tired of waving his arms and never getting the ball, then Ward was treated the same whilst standing in acres of space and now its Bennett. We were going to have a whip round to buy them a deck chair they have so much space, but never get picked out. In response to Bennet v Chicksen, I see them both with a similar physique and feel that Bennett is not as good as many think, Chicksen will be a great prospect and contrary to others I feel he has played well when I have seen him.

Totally agree with your comments - Chicksen will be a good player neat and tidy, just needs a little bit of development. I for one hope he succeeds. i thought he played ok, just some final decisions, which comes with experience.
Yes Bennett not as good as people think - agree with you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here