Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON ON: BOLTON

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

At his pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton spoke about Greg Halford’s ongoing recovery from injury, the recent performances from Beram Kayal and Joao Teixeira and the progress made by Bolton Wanderers under Neil Lennon.
greg-l229-2075636.jpg

Greg Halford’s recovery: “He’s okay; we’ll see how he is on Friday, but he trained today [Thursday] which was good so we’ll see if he can be included at the weekend, but he trained and had no adverse effects.
“What you always want, particularly when you’ve got a period of time with so many games, is as many players available as possible.“I think the more players you have available, it certainly causes me more problems, but they’re the sort of problems you want; particularly with the schedule we’ve got over the next few weeks.”

Bolton under Lennon: “I think since Neil has gone in he has done very well; they’ve taken a little bit of a dip of late, but that’s normal. They are very good at home and we have to be mindful of that. They’ve still picked up some good results and they’ve still got good players; it’s a game away from home and we’re mindful of that.
"The results they’ve picked up since he’s [Lennon] has been there are certainly more favourable and they have had some very exciting games, games where they’ve scored goals. I think a true reflection of the manager is someone who’s very passionate and enthusiastic about what he does. He openly shows it and that’s probably being reflected by his team as well.”
“He’s made changes to the team and the formation as well, but for us it’s about setting up in the best way we can, because at this moment we’re not quite sure which team he’ll play. He’s chopped and changed of late so it’s about making sure that we do the things which we think will get us a result.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

teixeira-220115-l229-2218706.jpg
Joao Teixeira:
“He’s playing well at the moment and if he’s talking about enjoying his football, then it’s certainly showing on the pitch at this particular moment. He’s still a lad that’s developing and I think he’s getting stronger with every game.“It’s about two things at that position; the ability to score goals and then the ability to create goals for others. He’s certainly putting himself in that position at the moment. He scored two goals on Saturday and was certainly very much involved in the thick of things on Tuesday night with regards to the offensive opportunities that we had. At this moment, he’s in a good place.”
kayal-l229-2299209.jpg

Beram Kayal’s impact: “The reason I brought him in was due to Dale being out injured and Rohan Ince being quite a young player in a role that is gradually becoming more familiar to him. We also have Danny Holla playing there, but I just felt we needed more experience and of course, competition as well. At the moment we have got five players that can all play in that central position. Those are the reasons why I brought him in; he is an experienced player, played in some big games and is someone that wants to do well.”
[h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h]TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH CITY
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here