Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's been trying to pretend to be me then?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got this email this morning

Dear pasty,

Someone has tried to log into your account on North Stand Chat with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

All the best,
North Stand Chat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What was the IP address?

It probably resolves to China - we seem to be being targeted currently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Go get 'em tiger.

Screen Shot 2015-02-26 at 21.27.53.png

Dec 29, 2011
If you go on your account settings on hotmail, you can check who has tried to access your account in the past. I can guarantee 99% of you have had lots of attempted accesses from China. If your email address is anywhere on the internet you'll be targeted.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Got this email this morning

Dear pasty,

Someone has tried to log into your account on North Stand Chat with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

All the best,
North Stand Chat

I had the same email last week.

Wexford Gull

Jun 22, 2007
Wexford,Ireland
Snap 20/02/15
Dear Wexford Gull,

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.207.229.130

All the best,
North Stand Chat

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I also received this notification a week or sos ago. Being a complete Luddite on techy things, does it follow that they could be hacking into my PC if they are trying to log on as me?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I also received this notification a week or sos ago. Being a complete Luddite on techy things, does it follow that they could be hacking into my PC if they are trying to log on as me?

Not at all, no - "they" will have no idea who you are or where you are relative to your NSC account. The aim will be to compromise an account on NSC to do one of...

- Post spam
- Post links to malware
- Try to compromise the site or the server it sits upon from a flaw in the application software

I've been perusing various security-related vBulletin plugins and I'll deploy one/some to try and minimise the chances of us getting hit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do they have Stripey Nigels in China ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not at all, no - "they" will have no idea who you are or where you are relative to your NSC account. The aim will be to compromise an account on NSC to do one of...

- Post spam
- Post links to malware
- Try to compromise the site or the server it sits upon from a flaw in the application software

I've been perusing various security-related vBulletin plugins and I'll deploy one/some to try and minimise the chances of us getting hit.

Thanks for the clarification

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

- Post spam
- Post links to malware

C'mon Bozza... We all know that you have connections with GCHQ & NSA and that this is really about international espionage! We're all patsies (see what I did there?) and NSC is just a front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here