Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Palace problems...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
_80894059_70254684.jpg
I know the original building was grand.
But in the photo, the white building in the foreground reminds me of the top of a cistern and the surrounding shape in front the top of a toilet.
Just my view though :facepalm:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The Nimby's win again.

Yoda

English & European
View attachment 63384
I know the original building was grand.
But in the photo, the white building in the foreground reminds me of the top of a cistern and the surrounding shape in front the top of a toilet.
Just my view though :facepalm:

Are you on about the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre? The building to the right of the athletics stadium and has been there since the 1960's?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Are you on about the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre? The building to the right of the athletics stadium and has been there since the 1960's?

I meant the white building at the back of photo, with the surrounding area in front looking like a toilet lid :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Their new stadium in the back garden looks a bit like Withdean :rolleyes:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The Nimby's win again.

I suppose it's hardly surprising that you have trouble with punctuation, as you obviously can't read. There is no nimby element in the story at all.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
:nono::nono: Red and blue all the way, Blue and white teams lose play off semi finals at home to their fieriest rivals:lolol: :p

I can remember when you were claret with sky blue stripes. Then white with claret and blue stripes. And later all white with a red and blue sash. And all red.

Red and blue all the way. Of course you are.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
There is no nimby element in the story at all.

But there is in the background to it. The local residents overwhelmingly oppose any usage of Crystal Palace Park other than walking their dogs and pushing their kids on the swings. And occasionally tittering at the anatomically incorrect dinosaurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here