Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

buying a football club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With what appears to be a lost cause in Florida raising a team to play in the MLS would David Beckham ve interested in one in this country. There are a number available and his mates bought a non league team.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Have his advisor's given up on the project then ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not that I have read but they are experiencing great problems and I wonder whether he will consider it worthwhile carrying on. They could settle for an easier option and buy a club like Villa.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not that I have read but they are experiencing great problems and I wonder whether he will consider it worthwhile carrying on. They could settle for an easier option and buy a club like Villa.

What you have to realise that Idea of the MLS franchise was based on an offer to him to be able to set one up cheaply, a bit like a thank you for going to MLS in the first place. The optimum place to make it worthwhile was Florida in the fact that a new franchise could be started and there could/would be the support ( fans/sponsors) to make it a viable economic project.

I think there is little to be gained financially or in marketing and publicity terms for Team Beckham to buy Aston Villa. It's certainly not going to attract any more American fans or sponsors than it has already and would need a large investment in cash given the woefull playing state of the team a boost in order to make them competitive. That would be a waste of time and money and his advisors know that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What happened to Tampa Bay Rowdies, personally dont think there is the enthusiasm in Florida for soccer. Think he woukd do better following the Nevilles and bring a team from the lower leagues to the top eg Bury or Oldham or even Charlton or Bristol Rovers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What happened to Tampa Bay Rowdies, personally dont think there is the enthusiasm in Florida for soccer.

Well that is the area they had targeted for the franchise, I assume it's based on many factors, population, affluence,awareness and climate amongst many others. I'm sure they would have chosen the best place to get some bangs for their bucks. I would not expect Birmingham to be high on their list of options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here