Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance Corporal Josh Leakey

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very brave man and a credit to the UK and armed forces.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He is another fine example of the fact that although small in numbers, we have the finest armed services in the world. As he says, that VC was not about him, it was about his squad.:thumbsup:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Yeah total respect to this guy! What a shame there's just a double handful posting on this thread but eight times as many posts on the 'jihadi john' thread - would love to see LC Leakey up against THAT cvnt!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Amazing interview with him by the Beeb, the fella was so modest and humble, I was speechless. dont even know how to finish this post, to say I was impressed is meaningless in light of what he's done and how he conducts himself. Words fail me on this one. True hero.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
What I find quite interesting is that all his commanding officers and anyone addressing him, whatever rank, in the future
have to address him as Lance Corporal Leakey VC

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
What I find quite interesting is that all his commanding officers and anyone addressing him, whatever rank, in the future
To the best of my knowledge they have to salute him before he returns the salute as well. It is our highest honor and sounds richly deserved. A very brave young man.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
To the best of my knowledge they have to salute him before he returns the salute as well. It is our highest honor and sounds richly deserved. A very brave young man.

Spot-on. My Dad was a private in the South Wales Borderers (Rourke's Drift and all that) and one of is fellow soldiers was GC. Said it was very odd to see higher
ranking officers addressing this bloke.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
As I understand it, it is tradition not required. But I am so pleased it is maintained as these guys deserve this at the least.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Spot-on. My Dad was a private in the South Wales Borderers (Rourke's Drift and all that) and one of is fellow soldiers was GC. Said it was very odd to see higher
ranking officers addressing this bloke.
I was also told that any VC recipient visiting a barracks was entitled to a guard of honor on his entrance. I really hope this is true because we are talking about the bravest of the brave. Most VCs are awarded posthumously. Says it all really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here