Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else work in shops in Brighton...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When I first moved to Brighton in 99 I worked at Virgin Megastore in CS for 3 years. Job was a bit crap but people were great, getting pissed up after work every day, laughing/grimacing/vomiting at some if the customers who came in . I enjoyed my time there.

Anyone else done their time in retail in Brighton?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Worked in retail for just over a year and have recently moved to the stockroom. Found it hard trying to sell clothing that I thought most of the time was terrible..

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I worked in Topman part-time for about 18 months when I was at college. It was probably the most boring job I've had, spent most of the day standing around eagerly waiting for someone to put a shirt back in the wrong place so I could go and tidy up. It was quite good fun on a Sunday when the manager wasn't in, we used to make up games like firing security tags at each other across the shop floor using a crudely made catapult.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I worked in Topman part-time for about 18 months when I was at college. It was probably the most boring job I've had, spent most of the day standing around eagerly waiting for someone to put a shirt back in the wrong place so I could go and tidy up. It was quite good fun on a Sunday when the manager wasn't in, we used to make up games like firing security tags at each other across the shop floor using a crudely made catapult.

What year was that?

I worked in Topman for 3 years, along with Nibble and Les Biehn.

Some great times personally.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What year was that?

It would have been from Christmas 2000 to about spring 2002.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It would have been from Christmas 2000 to about spring 2002.

I think my I started in spring 2003.

Best place for pulling girls I have ever worked. Wonderful times, who needs university when you have a whole group of girls working upstairs.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What year was that?

There were some funny times indeed. Except the hours!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think my I started in spring 2003.

Best place for pulling girls I have ever worked. Wonderful times, who needs university when you have a whole group of girls working upstairs.

Yeah socially it was great, had some fantastic nights out with the Topshop girls, most of them were ridiculously fit too.

I used to work late-night Thursdays and all-day Sundays, we barely had any customers so that's why I found it so boring!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There were some funny times indeed. Except the hours!

I saw old, bigbabdabbleywags on tuesday at the game. Shes turned out a really nice girl.

Friday afternoons were great, without fail I'd find you and Les taking the piss out of anyone who was on there lunch

Shame the people we worked for were such massive helmets.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When I first moved to Brighton in 99 I worked at Virgin Megastore in CS for 3 years. Job was a bit crap but people were great, getting pissed up after work every day, laughing/grimacing/vomiting at some if the customers who came in . I enjoyed my time there.

Anyone else done their time in retail in Brighton?
I used to bloody love that place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I first moved to Brighton in 99 I worked at Virgin Megastore in CS for 3 years. Job was a bit crap but people were great, getting pissed up after work every day, laughing/grimacing/vomiting at some if the customers who came in .

Gawd bless Virgin Megastore and all who sneered in her. Always loved the open contempt the staff showed for the popular music selection of the paying customer :lol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Gawd bless Virgin Megastore and all who sneered in her. Always loved the open contempt the staff showed for the popular music selection of the paying customer :lol:

We were massively sneering to some! I recall one member of staff being warned for calling a customer a word banned on here.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I saw old, bigbabdabbleywags on tuesday at the game. Shes turned out a really nice girl.

Friday afternoons were great, without fail I'd find you and Les taking the piss out of anyone who was on there lunch

Shame the people we worked for were such massive helmets.

Ha, Friday afternoons were tremendous in there, hiding in the shoe cupboard avoiding work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here