Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ring of Fire

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
As an oldie in East Stand Upper, I am not sure how the playing of Ring of Fire has come about. I am not in any way moaning, as it is very catchy, and clearly the fans have taken to it, which can only help the atmosphere. Is it common at other grounds, and if not, might it become so popular with us that this "song" is associated only with the Albion, much like eg Bubbles with West Ham.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We started it at Fulham and it caught on. Just as most football songs do.

It's fun and when everyone twirls their scarves it looks fecking awesome.

Exactly. We went to Fulham 2nd from bottom, 3 points adrift from safety, no manager, hadn't won in 7 games. Just one of those moments where only Johnny Cash would do! :albion2:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
We started it at Fulham and it caught on. Just as most football songs do.

It's fun and when everyone twirls their scarves it looks fecking awesome.

Ahh Fulham away. The turning point. Hope was restored and a bloody good night out !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it's brilliant. A lot of the more complex songs are never going to catch on all the way round the stadium but this is basically a riff anyone can sing while swinging a scarf. That's why the whole away end ended up doing it at Fulham and Charlton and why the majority of the crowd joined in before the Arsenal and Leeds games.

Not original though. Liverpool did it for a while after Istanbul when their players were singing it on the pitch.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I very much doubt that night in Fulham will be matched this season, it was just superb. Ring of Fire just took off and I'm pretty sure the players responded to it. That song is one of the few successes of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I very much doubt that night in Fulham will be matched this season, it was just superb. Ring of Fire just took off and I'm pretty sure the players responded to it. That song is one of the few successes of the season.

This is going to be the high point of the season, whatever happens. The shaking stand, noisy ages before kickoff and Jonesy showing his emotions at the end.......and me not being able to speak the next day

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think one of the reasons for it's birthing at Fulham away was that it was F***ING cold, so everyone wanted to bounce about, and that was a good song to bounce about to. Great atmosphere that night.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They could do with turning it off a wee bit earlier before kick-off IMHO. The referee seems to wait for it to finish before blowing his whistle, probably because he would otherwise be drowned out.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So do other clubs use it ?

Or is it very much ours ?

Thanks to all those who responded to my question and I now know it was at that Fulham match. But will it catch on and would be good if it now became the "Albion anthem."?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Fulham away, oh what a night, it was then also followed up at Charlton away, both tremendous away games.

Fulham however nudges it, it was finally acks against the wall, almost lost all hope but we didnt give up and neither did the team.

at Fulham the song went on for a good 5mins each time. much better when it keeps going which it seems to lack at home games. also the bouncy floors at Fulham seemed to help with the jumping.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must admit I hadnt noticed it being played as the only 2 tunes I connect to are Hey Jude for the fanzone, time to go to my seat and GOSBTS when the teams come out dont pay attention to any other music unless its a live performer or to what Richie Reynolds has to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here