Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Problems with Seagulls Player videos

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've not been able to play the highlights. It says to uninstall then re-install Flash, which I've done, and it still doesn't work. Although one video on the site did work, the highlights and recent interviews don't.

Any ideas?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Player has been down for most of the day for all clubs. It's only in the last hour, we've been able to log in. Perform did send a message earlier this afternoon, to say it was being dealt with.
I hope those who pay email them to ask for a small refund.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Highlights worked fine for me a couple of hours ago

This reply to my email was timed at 18.34.

Thank you for your email.

We are aware of the issue you have raised. This is currently being investigated by our technical team and will be resolved shortly.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards

Guru

Customer Services

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"Extended" highlights.

4minutes 29seconds of which a relatively large part shows Chris Hughton shaking hands with staff after the game.

Impressed? I pay roughly the equivalent of two match day entries for that :rant:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"Extended" highlights.

4minutes 29seconds of which a relatively large part shows Chris Hughton shaking hands with staff after the game.

Impressed? I pay roughly the equivalent of two match day entries for that :rant:

That's the short version? The extended one is 11:50 :shrug:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I've not been able to play the highlights. It says to uninstall then re-install Flash, which I've done, and it still doesn't work. Although one video on the site did work, the highlights and recent interviews don't.

Any ideas?

Never works for me in IE.
Try either Chrome or Firefox much better browsers..

The last few extended highlights seemed to have had more actual football. A few weeks ago the first minute or minute and a half was taken up by teams walking out, players shaking hands, line up captions, etc. Now just a few words and into the action.

But then I suppose a couple of months back 90 seconds of intro chat was preferable to 90 seconds of football

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
That's the short version? The extended one is 11:50 :shrug:

Not on the club app then.........??

On my iPad I cannot get anything via SeagullsPlayer on the club site or via the FL app (which worked last year). I therefore rely on this season's club app which is currently only showing the abridged highlights. :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not on the club app then.........??

On my iPad I cannot get anything via SeagullsPlayer on the club site or via the FL app (which worked last year). I therefore rely on this season's club app which is currently only showing the abridged highlights. :shrug:

Correct - FL app on the ipad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Correct - FL app on the ipad.

Cool.

So the club site is useless. Can't access highlights or commentary.
On the club app I can get short highlights but not extended ones. I can however get commentary which I cannot access on the FL app although that does allow me to get extended highlights.

Everything in one place. Clear instructions. Support. The wonders of modern technology.

Hmmmmmm.............

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Picture quality still utterly dreadful when watching on iPhone or iPad.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We should start a "spot the ball" competition from frames of the highlights. Be sure to set the quality to "High" for maximum difficulty.

Loadicus Trux

Jan 12, 2012
Does anyone know what is happening with "player"?

If I remember correctly, the club said that a contract had been signed with them, and nothing could be done, eventhough the service is poor. When does this deal expire, and do we know what is happening in the future?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Odd that the contract we signed only allows a few minutes of poor quality highlights while other clubs appear to offer much more (even up to a full 90 minutes) if not better quality. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here