Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why no subs announcement before ko at Amex last two home games??

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Sorry if this has been covered before but I find it irritating that they've suddenly decided not to name our subs before ko on match days... not all of us have smartphones, I want to know who we've got in our armoury on the day and we should also be able to give our subs waiting in the sidelines a big morale-boosting cheer if we feel so inclined...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sorry if this has been covered before but I find it irritating that they've suddenly decided not to name our subs before ko on match days... not all of us have smartphones, I want to know who we've got in our armoury on the day and we should also be able to give our subs waiting in the sidelines a big morale-boosting cheer if we feel so inclined...
In order to play Ring of Fire before Kick Off to wind the crowd up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought that the sub's names used to appear on the big screen during the game but they didn't on Saturday - or am I misremembering?

You're misremembering. It only shows the two XI's on the pitch.

And I was mildly irritated at the lack of a subs bench announcement, I had to wait for my lad to call it up on his phone. It didn't RUIN my night or anything, but its a bit stoopid leaving that out for ring of bloody fire.

As an aside, I still don't think we make enough use of those big screens anyway. They could have a tickertape going across the bottom with score updates like on SSN. Or lottery numbers. Or horoscopes. Or interesting and creative recipes involving poached eggs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

And I was mildly irritated at the lack of a subs bench announcement, I had to wait for my lad to call it up on his phone. It didn't RUIN my night or anything, but its a bit stoopid leaving that out for ring of bloody fire.

As an aside, I still don't think we make enough use of those big screens anyway. They could have a tickertape going across the bottom with score updates like on SSN. Or lottery numbers. Or horoscopes. Or interesting and creative recipes involving poached eggs.

or a #Handball counter

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
If it's not announced, or on the board, it should be on the team text message. I have never understood why it isn't. It is particularly irritating when listening to away matches on the radio

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thought that the sub's names used to appear on the big screen during the game but they didn't on Saturday - or am I misremembering?

I think they did in the first season, can't remember when it stopped but was a long time ago.

Personally I just check the squad on my phone, so not bothered about them being read out.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I think they did in the first season, can't remember when it stopped but was a long time ago.

Personally I just check the squad on my phone, so not bothered about them being read out.

They did try it for one or two games in the first season, but then stopped it because they didn't think it looked good and caused a distraction:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?254182-Electric-scoreboard-subs

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ring of Fire could be cut in half IMO. It's embarrassing watching the teams wait for it to finish so the ref can blow his whistle and they can kick off.

It's embarrassing full stop, though seems to be dying out thankfully. Think I counted 12 people in the WSL waving their scarfs and about 30 in the North.

Load of contrived shit

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Mmmm poached eggs- If I'm allowed to mention her name on NSC, poached eggs on marmite toast - Margaret Thatcher's favourite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here