Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I wouldn't generally admit to being a fickle football fan. However when it comes to Mr Jones, that seems to change, I will admit that I used to have a small dislike for Jones after his antics at Yeovil and questioned what he really offered.

After Fulham away and seeng how he turned us around and got us ticking again after Hyppia was not only a two fingers up to those who had moaned about him, but it also showed the REAL passion he has for the club, watching him give it large to the away fans at the end was fantastic. Even in recent weeks after being moved down from Assistant Manager he still looks like he cares greatly for the club, He always waits for each player to come off the pitch, High 5's head rubs and bum slaps all round.

He is the one member of the current coaching staff who knows what its like to play for the club and where we have come from.

Whats the view on Nathen these days, has he gone from bad guy to good, was he always a good guy, or do you still not rate him?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Always a good guy in my eyes. Would be nice to see him take the reigns one day when Hughton leaves.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I wouldn't generally admit to being a fickle football fan. However when it comes to Mr Jones, that seems to change, I will admit that I used to have a small dislike for Jones after his antics at Yeovil and questioned what he really offered.

After Fulham away and seeng how he turned us around and got us ticking again after Hyppia was not only a two fingers up to those who had moaned about him, but it also showed the REAL passion he has for the club, watching him give it large to the away fans at the end was fantastic. Even in recent weeks after being moved down from Assistant Manager he still looks like he cares greatly for the club, He always waits for each player to come off the pitch, High 5's head rubs and bum slaps all round.

He is the one member of the current coaching staff who knows what its like to play for the club and where we have come from.

Whats the view on Nathen these days, has he gone from bad guy to good, was he always a good guy, or do you still not rate him?

He bites his fingernails too much

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Sssshhhh.

Being positive about Jones is not allowed on here.

He was once nasty to the fans when we played Yeovil.

Then there was the 'just seen it Jonsey' incident when he got our player sent off at Yeovil.

Then there was the sarcastic applauding of the fans at Barnsley.

So the fact he is a highly rated coach that Charlton were sorry to see leave and that Garcia offered him a job in Israel, will not wash here....

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Sssshhhh.

Being positive about Jones is not allowed on here.

He was once nasty to the fans when we played Yeovil.

Then there was the 'just seen it Jonsey' incident when he got our player sent off at Yeovil.

Then there was the sarcastic applauding of the fans at Barnsley.

So the fact he is a highly rated coach that Charlton were sorry to see leave and that Garcia offered him a job in Israel, will not wash here....

Talking of washing ... hows the plumbing situ ?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Nathan is a top bloke in spite of the Yeovil sending off incident. He shows a passion for the Club and the game that is rare these days. Never gave less than 100% as a player and has carried that through to today. When he goes, as one day he will, a living link with our history will have been broken, and it'll be our loss that players new to the Albion won't benefit from the advice he could give them about wearing the shirt and what it means to the fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He has successfully taken over the armband formerly worn by Charlie Oatway.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
Perhaps the future will see NJ manager and my favourite number 14 assistant (and manager in waiting)....

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
i ,know Nathan. He's hard working, hugely focused and very bright. He loves the city and is intensely loyal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here