Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lego profits rise in 'highly satisfactory' year

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31621107

I'm not flippin' surprised....!!!

Any other NSCers contributing to these profits?

"But Dad, rebooted kimono Zane from Tournament of the Elements is ultra rare and Joe has got him... pleeease... can you get him off ebay? I'll do all my homeworks extra neatly for the next three weeks...pleeease..." etc etc ad nauseam...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The amount of Lego in my house is simply astounding - numerous sets of various sizes including the biggies of R2-D2 and the VW Campervan, both of which were c£150 I think.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31621107

I'm not flippin' surprised....!!!

Any other NSCers contributing to these profits?

"But Dad, rebooted kimono Zane from Tournament of the Elements is ultra rare and Joe has got him... pleeease... can you get him off ebay? I'll do all my homeworks extra neatly for the next three weeks...pleeease..." etc etc ad nauseam...

Managed to get my boys completely into Star Wars and Clone Wars, but paying the price of that devotion every birthday/xmas..!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
According to QI the other week, Lego make more "tyres" than any real tyre manufacturer in the world.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I received a Lego Ecto-1 (the car from Ghostbusters) for Christmas and before that a Lego Batmobile for my birthday...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A possibly interesting fact ( although I can't prove it ! ). A few years ago a cargo lorry carrying millions of bits of lego sank of the Cornish coast. Over the last few years bits have been found on beaches all over the world. So much so, scientists have started to use it the try and track how the worlds currents work.

A possibly interesting fact ( although I can't prove it ! ). A few years ago a cargo lorry carrying millions of bits of lego sank of the Cornish coast. Over the last few years bits have been found on beaches all over the world. So much so, scientists have started to use it the try and track how the worlds currents work.

Lorries have a nasty habit of not floating I have to say.

But you are right, the Dragon is the rarest find I think.
Some have been found in Australia, but not actually verified as from the Cornish accident.

There is a website devoted to all the finds, but I can't be arsed to l;look for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here