Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tactics against Bolton

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do we bring in another midfielder and go for a clean sheet and at least 1 point and hope for a goal for 3 points or do we go for it and attack them. I am in 2 minds and can see both arguments with attack being the best form of defence

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
All I'm hoping for is that they play Emile Heskey at centre half again, as happened the other day. That was BRILLIANT.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He looked genuinely like he'd never seen a football before. It was bizarre.

Almost like when he played up front, but even more confused :clap:

(To be fair to the bloke, he achieved a fair amount in his career, and I always felt some of the stick he got was a little unfair at times)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We'll set up, and play, not to get beat. Especially against a side that will see this as a crucial game against one of their lower-table competitors. Bolton will fly at us and we'll try and pick them off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
We'll set up, and play, not to get beat. Especially against a side that will see this as a crucial game against one of their lower-table competitors. Bolton will fly at us and we'll try and pick them off.

Do Bolton have the personnel to "fly at us" though? That's why they're where they are, because they don't have many creative and/or attacking options.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Do Bolton have the personnel to "fly at us" though? That's why they're where they are, because they don't have many creative and/or attacking options.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think both teams will park the bus: us, because we're away; them, because they're on a dodgy run.

Going large on 0-0.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do we bring in another midfielder and go for a clean sheet and at least 1 point and hope for a goal for 3 points or do we go for it and attack them. I am in 2 minds and can see both arguments with attack being the best form of defence

We played the same side against Sheff Wed as per Birmingham and last night was just a swap re Best/CMS...so its not really a question of bringing in another midfielder ..just the way we set up. Mr H seems to not like tinkering with the side too much so i can see the same starting lineup.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We could do with keeping the momentum going as most of our 'easier' games are away from home now. Attack them and go for the win I reckon.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised to see Tex rested with Stephens coming into midfield and Tex coming on for the last 20 minutes. Especially if the slight knock he seemed to pick up late last night is anything of note

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
On current form and predictions, Bolton are in the last relegation spot. Let them worry.

I saw their game against Liverpool and they did not have the rub of the green down here so it won't be easy.

We are back on target for 49 pts so we won't be a disaster if we lose. It will just make life a whole lot easier to get three points there rather than needing a point at Millwall.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Two games ago I thought that winning two games and drawing 13 would make us safe. I think we can afford to meet the opposition with only winning on our minds, but without throwing caution to the wind for the rest of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here