Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playing Albion crowd noise through the PA in the away end

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would imagine that's rubbish. It's the weird acoustic of the Amex at work. I don't expect the Leeds fans are used to being so quiet either. They were the quietest they've been at the Amex.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I think clutching at straws comes to mind ,he cant slag of the Albion team so he reverts to the club and supporters ...my oh my

el punal

I think that's what he's suggesting anyway.

Do we do this?

[tweet]570331312768163843[/tweet]
Not allowed to . . . are you? I'm sure there is a ruling that P.A./Tannoy/Loudspeaker can only be used for important announcements during a match. Still, if the allegation is true, it's better than goal celebration music and even better if it's right, royally p***ed off the Leeds fans!!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It seems that they were busy last night on the investigation front, first the case of the phantom handballs and now this. What a bunch of Sherlocks.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Which chants would they pipe in to the away fans? After all, we don't get unified chants in the north stand.

Edit to add an answer to spanish flair, yes the boxes were full.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I remember Sheffield Wednesday playing crowd noises through the PA back in the '90s, but not specifically to the away end, just to create some noise in a half empty stadium.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
What a load of crap, is he talking about the tune of Ring Of Fire being played at the start of the game.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I don't think this is true. For one. I'm not sure they could isolate one section of the PA could they? Also, if they did do this, why wouldn't they do it in the home end too? To HELP with the atmosphere.

I'd suggest that seeing as the WSU was loud last night, the sound did funny things with the roof.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Heard reports of Leeds fans fighting among themselves, and all the away end bars were shut after the game, which was one of the reasons given by stewards checking tickets when we went round to the east stand for our usual post match tipple

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Both Paul Beirne and Tom Gorringe have denied via Twitter that any crowd noise was played (other than the pre-match montage which has crowd noise on it), so that should put an end to it.

Methinks this is a miffed Leeds fan looking for some post-match mischief to take his mind of their performance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here