Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-250215-l229-2294418_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 25th February 2015
by James Hilsum
That is now four games undefeated and we have to make sure that we take that form to Bolton and try and get a result there. "
Chris Hughton

CHRIS HUGHTON was thrilled that Brighton & Hove Albion managed to secure successive victories following last night’s 2-0 win over Leeds and is pleased that a number of players are staking their claims for regular first-team football.
He said, “Two back-to-back wins are important. You only have to look at Leeds’ rise up the table and that is only as a result of winning consecutive games. That is now four games undefeated and we have to make sure that we take that form to Bolton and try and get a result there.
*“It is about keeping the momentum going and the players are in a good place at the moment.* With Dale [Stephens] coming on for a longer period and Kaz [LuaLua] getting on as well, there is good competition in the squad at the moment.
“Beram [Kayal] has that experience and the reason why I brought him in was because I felt that we needed that type of player to give us that competition in central midfield. We also have Danny Holla, who has done really well for us and of course Rohan Ince, but I wanted a little more experience in that position.”
“He [Beram] is a player who has played at a very high level and in some important games. With Dale Stephens now getting fitter with every minute he plays, we now have some real competition there.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

But Leeds United manager NEIL REDFEARN felt his side had ran out of steam on the night, after winning five of their previous six games.
He said, “Brighton were very good and we played nothing like we normally can and we perhaps looked a bit jaded.
“We looked like we had come off the back of a long run and that we had applied ourselves to the max for the last dozen games or so.
“We lacked menace going forward, made bad decisions at times in possession and we didn’t pressure them well enough, which is something we spoke about before the game.
“But I don’t want to take anything away from Brighton, I thought they were excellent. I felt they were inventive, bright and moved the ball quickly, created chances and were well worth the three points.
“I can’t be too down as we’ve been on a fantastic run. Coming into this game, we were the form team in the division and there was nobody better than us on current form.” [h=3]ALBION V DERBY
[/h] TUESDAY 3RD MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h] SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH CITY
[/h] FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here